Suggestion - New Cell Doors

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

nwtassales
level1
level1

Suggestion - New Cell Doors

Postby nwtassales » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 am

I would like to see new type of cell doors added for example max security doors, staff doors (doors so chefs and maintenance workers can open them with out a gaurd needing to open them)
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes, I hope they will be introduced soon.

A lot of the gameplay seems to hinge on movement of prisoners and staff under different conditions

Normal
Bang up
Lockdown seems to have broken it down more

Wooden doors seem to serve well for now as staff doors. Hopefully in the future, electric doors can be used, remotely (and could be cut from the grid and messed with by prisoners)
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:04 pm

caveatgez wrote:Yes, I hope they will be introduced soon.

A lot of the gameplay seems to hinge on movement of prisoners and staff under different conditions

Normal
Bang up
Lockdown seems to have broken it down more

Wooden doors seem to serve well for now as staff doors. Hopefully in the future, electric doors can be used, remotely (and could be cut from the grid and messed with by prisoners)

the lockdown is a door lockdown now

the fomer lockdown is Bang up now
TheKazz
level0

Postby TheKazz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 am

I would like to see them add Electronic Doors that have to be opened by somone in the security room and the door must be vissable on a CCTV camra to opperate.

As far as a Max security door you could combine an electronic door with a standard Jail door and it would need to unlocked electronicly and then opened manually with a key.
Ryster
level1
level1

Postby Ryster » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:23 pm

I just want the "staff only" door back that stops prisoners using it for path finding.

I had a back corridor in my jail that staff used as a shortcut to get food deliveries to the kitchen and it went all around the sides of my jail, however prisoners were using it (after being let through the door by a guard) and ended up going to eat through the kitchen, instead of getting to the canteen via the yard as I had intended.

I want to be able to mark doors, including jail doors as "staff" only so that the only people allowed through them are guards and other staff when a guard lets them through.

Alternatively, perhaps we can have the ability to zone areas as "off limits to prisoners" so their regular pathfinding doesn't go via that route and guards won't let them through.

Take that one stage further, we could place cameras next to the doors to these off limits areas, which could trigger an alarm/lockdown if prisoners are seen in those areas and cause guards to move to remove them.
Shoetung
level0

Postby Shoetung » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:42 am

Ryster wrote:Alternatively, perhaps we can have the ability to zone areas as "off limits to prisoners" so their regular pathfinding doesn't go via that route and guards won't let them through.

Under deployment, there is the option for 'staff only' zones. Not sure if these stop prisoner pathfinding through them though. Can't say I've used them extensively.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 am

Shoetung wrote:
Ryster wrote:Alternatively, perhaps we can have the ability to zone areas as "off limits to prisoners" so their regular pathfinding doesn't go via that route and guards won't let them through.

Under deployment, there is the option for 'staff only' zones. Not sure if these stop prisoner pathfinding through them though. Can't say I've used them extensively.

Yes they do, and they do it even better than the staff-only doors used to. Because these doors weren't really working at all, often I've had prisoners assemble in front of one of those doors during free time to use a toilet on the other side, despite the fact that the staff-only door was locked to them. After staff-only zones were implemented and I tagged the room that was behind the door as staff-only, my prisoners finally ignored the toilet behind it and went to do their business in their cells instead.

So, Ryster, you can use the Staff-only zones to control the flow of your prisoners much better than with doors.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Ryster
level1
level1

Postby Ryster » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Ahh excellent, thanks. I'll shall go and try that right away :)

Return to “Community Members”