How to view and edit your Name In The Game

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

CoreOpticCable
level0

Re: How to view and edit your Name In The Game

Postby CoreOpticCable » Sun May 11, 2014 4:17 am

xander wrote:I am super stoked about this:

I look so angry and serial killery. :)

xander

Dude you look like walter white
davidh7861
level0

Re:

Postby davidh7861 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:20 am

notsatan wrote:
LennyLeak wrote:I think it would be awesome if you put in an option to select min/mid/max security and also an option to select at least the current crime that the person is convicted of. That would make the bios a lot more consistent and fun imo.

Ten thousand percent agree.

Set your violence level.
Set it to high and your prisoner will die to soon.
Set low and you'll stick around but will just do the normal thing.
davidh7861
level0

Postby davidh7861 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:23 am

Are they going to get around to authorizing some of these names? Take 5 minutes everyday and knock out a few.

If not. I want a refund.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:35 pm

davidh7861 wrote:Are they going to get around to authorizing some of these names? Take 5 minutes everyday and knock out a few.

If not. I want a refund.

I submitted my name in March 2013. My name appeared in the game in october.

Be patient, Introversion is a small company.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon May 19, 2014 3:58 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
davidh7861 wrote:Are they going to get around to authorizing some of these names? Take 5 minutes everyday and knock out a few.

If not. I want a refund.

I submitted my name in March 2013. My name appeared in the game in october.

Be patient, Introversion is a small company.

Not only that, but the forums are not the place to get customer service. You need to go to the support page and send IV an email (which they will answer in a month or two, when they have some free time).

xander
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:55 pm

xander wrote:I look so angry and serial killery. :)

xander

There he is, getting ready for a good time in max sec.
Dianna
level1
level1

Postby Dianna » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:11 am

Just submitted my entry. Did my best with the options to make as gender neutral as possible...

I've done a bit of searching... female staff have been added, it appears. Is it known if we'll be getting female prisoners/sprites officially? Can't find an official decision on that.
Triscy
level0

Postby Triscy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:23 pm

I haven't been able to find my character at all added. I went through and tried to add myself, but can't find myself in the search.

Triscy "The Beard" Brone

Do I need to wait for next update to get my character, or...?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Triscy wrote:I haven't been able to find my character at all added. I went through and tried to add myself, but can't find myself in the search.

Triscy "The Beard" Brone

Do I need to wait for next update to get my character, or...?

Can you not find yourself on the website? or in the game?

If you cannot find yourself in the, that is to be expected---new characters are only added when the game is updated (frankly, I can't think of any other way of doing it in the framework of a single player game that does not require an internet connection). You will eventually appear. If you cannot find yourself on the website where you submitted your entry, there may be a problem, and you might be well advised to email IV.

xander
shadowfire27
level0

Postby shadowfire27 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Wait I'm confused. Do we get our name in the game if we bought it from steam standard edition or not? I didn't know if that was the case or no, since I may have misread something. If not then on the bright side I have access to the wiki and these forums.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 pm

shadowfire27 wrote:Wait I'm confused. Do we get our name in the game if we bought it from steam standard edition or not? I didn't know if that was the case or no, since I may have misread something. If not then on the bright side I have access to the wiki and these forums.

The basic Steam version gets you the Base Pack. This does not include the "Name in Game" perk.

xander
Zehelef
level0

Postby Zehelef » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:43 pm

BEGIN prisoner
FirstName "Thubitt"
NickName " The Dismembrator"
LastName "Zaagortz"
DoB "1996.06.06"
Bio "Thubitt Zaagortz, alias 'The Dismembrator', is a well-known Polish narcoterrorist. At age 6, he struggled against the family's goat. He violently raped it after winning the fight. The case was quickly closed, Thubitt suffering from mental illness."
BodyType "2"
BodyScale "1"
HeadType "24"
SkinColour "0xfdc97bff"
Id "296161"
END

I hope it's not too trashy!

Is my text okay? I'm french and my english isn't perfect, so if someone could correct it... I would really appreciate it :D
Xaviien
level0

Postby Xaviien » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 am

Zehelef wrote:
BEGIN prisoner
FirstName "Thubitt"
NickName " The Dismembrator"
LastName "Zaagortz"
DoB "1996.06.06"
Bio "Thubitt Zaagortz, alias 'The Dismembrator', is a well-known Polish narcoterrorist. At age 6, he struggled against the family's goat. He violently raped it after winning the fight. The case was quickly closed, Thubitt suffering from mental illness."
BodyType "2"
BodyScale "1"
HeadType "24"
SkinColour "0xfdc97bff"
Id "296161"
END

I hope it's not too trashy!

Is my text okay? I'm french and my english isn't perfect, so if someone could correct it... I would really appreciate it :D

That's disgusting! I love it, and your English is better than a lot of native English speakers.
RFC3514
level1
level1

Re:

Postby RFC3514 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:24 pm

LennyLeak wrote:an option to select at least the current crime that the person is convicted of. That would make the bios a lot more consistent and fun imo.

This would be nice. If the bio says the guy has been arrested 50 times for being drunk & disorderly and then the list shows a single conviction for embezzlement, it looks kind of silly.

I wonder if the current criminal records are just generated randomly, or if whoever approves the bios also gets to populate it.

Zehelef wrote:Is my text okay? I'm french and my english isn't perfect, so if someone could correct it... I would really appreciate it :D

"Struggled against" is mostly used to describe a problem (ex., "struggled against alcoholism"), or a very long fight. A better wording would probably be:

"At age 6, he fought, defeated and raped the family goat. The case was quickly closed, as Thubitt was deemed mentally ill."
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:24 am

Damn, if I just bought the name-in-game pack days earlier it would be in Alpha 26.

Look for Maxwell "Hammer" Edison soon in a prison near you! Props if you know the reference.

Return to “Community Members”