[Suggestion] RFID Ankle bracelets

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Bracelets for your scum?

Aye!
70%
Nay!
30%

Total votes: 30
paktsardines
level5
level5

[Suggestion] RFID Ankle bracelets

Postby paktsardines » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:20 am

Hi guys,

I recall suggesting this months ago before Fog of War was 'a thing'. Now that it's 'a thing' and prisoner classifications are also 'a thing', I thought some revisiting might be in order.

What do you lot think about being able to buy an ankle bracelet for your worst max sec prisoners? The bracelet would reveal the prisoner's location to you at all times, even when they're in the Fog of War (maybe using some icon representation).

Ideally the RFID bracelet/anklet would be prohibitively expensive, ensuring they are only used on your most vile scum. Most likely there'd be some ongoing 'monitoring' fee for the duration it's being worn.

Whaddya reckon?
Last edited by paktsardines on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 am

Great idea, Im all in! :D
Shaggy02
level0

Postby Shaggy02 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm

if this does become 'a thing' then maybe they way around it from the prisoners view is that you only see maybe a red dot through the fog of war and that some smart prisoners can take it off and maybe flush it to make seem like its moving while they escape or riot or maybe give to another prisoner or simply leave it behind wile they go through a tunnel
phoenixca
level1
level1

Postby phoenixca » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Shaggy02 wrote:if this does become 'a thing' then maybe they way around it from the prisoners view is that you only see maybe a red dot through the fog of war and that some smart prisoners can take it off and maybe flush it to make seem like its moving while they escape or riot or maybe give to another prisoner or simply leave it behind wile they go through a tunnel

Certainly a solid idea. It's best if the AI has some ways to counter us humans and throw us off. Like tunnelling (if you look for subtle clues, you can tell that they're doing it), and contraband. If you have a keen eye, sometimes you'll see a prisoner whip out his garden sheers for a moment, and bam, you can have them searched straight away before there's any trouble...perhaps later we can even have a record of these infractions and choose to upgrade their status to Med- or MaxSec.

In any case, I do love this idea. A good way to go about it might be requiring a similar monitoring system as CCTV currently, having an object in the security office that enables monitoring and requiring a guard to activate it.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Will the bastards voting 'no' kindly show their cowardly faces?

Seriously though, ego aside, I'm curious to know the anticipated problems with this idea. Cheers.
VillaBoy87
level1
level1

Postby VillaBoy87 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:27 pm

it just seems unnecessary to me, i would much rather be able to keep max sec in a separate high security location with there own routine.
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

VillaBoy87 wrote:it just seems unnecessary to me, i would much rather be able to keep max sec in a separate high security location with there own routine.
Agreed. It's not that I hate the idea. I have just never heard of this in a real prison, and the game is still missing a lot of really essential features for realism. I care more about realistic features than the more "gamey" aspects. I would not be mad if this was implemented, but I would not vote for implementing it either.
randommonicle
level1
level1

Postby randommonicle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm

I am all for it.

Ex uk prison officer here :) while I never came across one while working I know plans were being discussed to bring them in in some areas

Return to “Community Members”