Workshop Money Cheat...

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

boonstick
level1
level1

Workshop Money Cheat...

Postby boonstick » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Im probably very late to this (I've tried searching but cant find anything on it) but I've discovered a little cheat... Well bug really.

Start a new large prison without continuous intake. Sack all the workmen as soon as they arrive. Then cover the entire map with workshop tiles. Stick it on fastest time and just sit back and watch the money pour in.

You'll generate £65K per day. I'm pretty sure if you left if going for a while you'd built up quite a stash!
Citizen
level2
level2

Postby Citizen » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Money wise the game is pretty broken. You have to be pretty bad to not have enough cash - thats why a lot of people use the Global Financial Crisis Mod.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 am

Huzzah!
boonstick
level1
level1

Postby boonstick » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:44 am

I must be pretty bad then. I find it extremely hard to manage my money. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Either way, I'll post this bug in mantis because it needs fixing.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 am

It's already in Mantis as bug #79. Cheers.
Dybing
level1
level1

Postby Dybing » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 pm

It's not a bug, it is an Alpha feature :)

I use it to build prisons fast. I designate the edges of the map as Workshop. Five tiles deep on the other side of the road, and 7 tiles deep on the other three sides. Nets about 8k per day/night cycle. Plenty to get one going on a nice prison.
VillaBoy87
level1
level1

Postby VillaBoy87 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I never use that makes the game dull.

half the challenge is managing with minimal funds.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm

I guess everyone who has built at least one prison knows about the workshops already, sorry :P

Also, if you just want lots of money without worrying about running out of funds, you could just edit your savegame, much quicker than waiting for workshop payment several times.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
boonstick
level1
level1

Postby boonstick » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 pm

VoiD88 wrote:I guess everyone who has built at least one prison knows about the workshops already, sorry :P

Also, if you just want lots of money without worrying about running out of funds, you could just edit your savegame, much quicker than waiting for workshop payment several times.

To be honest I'd rather not cheat. I came across it by accident when looking thought the wiki about the workshop.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 pm

boonstick wrote:
VoiD88 wrote:I guess everyone who has built at least one prison knows about the workshops already, sorry :P

To be honest I'd rather not cheat. I came across it by accident when looking thought the wiki about the workshop.

*cough*, *cough*
With the sincerest regards,
111none
boonstick
level1
level1

Postby boonstick » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:54 pm

111none wrote:
boonstick wrote:

*cough*, *cough*

you ok?
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:08 pm

boonstick wrote:
111none wrote:
boonstick wrote:

*cough*, *cough*

you ok?

my mindis now ruined........
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 am

Something about the collected knowledge of this forum and discoveries based on reading it, perchance?
boonstick
level1
level1

Postby boonstick » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 am

111none wrote:
boonstick wrote:
111none wrote:
boonstick wrote:

*cough*, *cough*

you ok?

my mindis now ruined........

I never said I was using this cheat/bug to build my prison, it was just something that I came across.
javster
level1
level1

Postby javster » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 pm

I know about this, it helped me start up my prison properly. I somehow forgot about Grants

Return to “Community Members”