[suggestion] Infamous inmates

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

StardogChampion
level0

[suggestion] Infamous inmates

Postby StardogChampion » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 pm

I think it would be a very nice feature of Prison Architect if they added some of the worlds most notorious and infamous criminals, such as Ted Bundy, OJ Simpson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Kaczynski, Mark David Chapman (would hire an inmate to shank him in the shower) etc etc and when they die in prison by murder or natural causes there death would than be printed in an ingame newspaper with a brief of there life and crimes and how they died etc. I would love to have Ted Bundy in my prison! Mark David Chapman would be in 24/7 solitary and not fed and would only be seen by a doctor until he was nearly dead to keep him in a constant state of torture.
Collic001
level2
level2

Postby Collic001 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 pm

This is an interesting idea (some of it, you're pushing the idea way too far), but if it was implemented they would have to be suitably altered 'real life' names. Doing otherwise would not only be in poor taste, but would open Introversion up to all sorts of potential legal problems. Really, I think things like this are best left to modders.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Totally agreed with collic - the most they could do is draw upon real people, but then slap a big fat disclaimer on the game saying everything is totally fictitious
Fish Evans
level0

Postby Fish Evans » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:40 am

perhapse limit it to the more famous Criminals pre 1900? or just make it up, Edward (from the intro) seems such a case.
sWs»Fish
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:53 am

Fish Evans wrote:perhapse limit it to the more famous Criminals pre 1900? or just make it up, Edward (from the intro) seems such a case.

"Or just make it up"

Hm.. Isn't that what is already happening with every prisoner you get? Oh I don't know.. I think so.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 am

I like the idea of having some famous criminals in my prisons, but I don't necessarily think their infamous crimes should be included. I think it could also work if their crimes were as random as the other prisoners'. For example, I'd like to see Al Capone incarcerated for pickpocketing. Or Ted Bundy in prison for jay walking. etc..
hurrimark
level1
level1

Postby hurrimark » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:03 pm

It's similar to my own idea posted in the suggestion thread, but without being name specific. I've pasted it from that thread below.

Family members of prisoners also sent to the jail, or even of guards or a new type of prisoner who is marked as celebrity' or 'former FBI agent' or former mob boss e.t.c so that we have a history of what the prisoners did before prison life and obviously more notorious ones could have contracts (hits) on their head once inside e.g. the ex mob boss or FBI agent e.t.c this also supports the further inclusion of 'gangs' in terms of prisoner relationships.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 pm

They could just do what every other game when it wants someone famous/infamous without getting sued.
Just change the name slightly.

So we would have Ned Bundy & OJ Pimpson etc... :D

They could also need a special unit for housing them & 24/7 surveillance. It's an interesting idea either way.
soul_rever38
level1
level1

Postby soul_rever38 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 pm

I like the idea of notorious prison's which could make it into in game newspapers but I think that using real life names or altered names would potentially become potentially problematic for introversion.

I think the idea could work by having a notoriety system implemented into the game depending on the prisoners crimes/actions inside the prison. for example if a max security prisoner kills a load of other prisoners or guards there could be a news paper article with the name of the prisoner and a small list of what they have done.

as well as that if a prisoner is killed who has committed a large amount of crimes or some really serious (violent or white collar) then there could be a news paper article about that they were killed in prison.

On this sort of point, I think it would be cool to see if a prisoner or member of staff is killed in the prison that if you clicked on the corpse you could have an option to see an obituary of the person. just an idea
Kal Imist
level1
level1

Re: [suggestion] Infamous inmates

Postby Kal Imist » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 pm

The whole 'no celebrities were harmed' thing is easy to pull off, you just use Psudo ficticious film charachters, Rickie Knox for example, could be described as a 'Natural badass killer' who 'after killing his way around America with his wife, garnered a large cult following'. People who know Natural Born Killers would get the joke, others would just see a name and relevent description. I can't think of a famous fictional con artist for another example but, and I agree with the second poster (the idea is pushed too far), this is how I see it implemented if it is:

You select the option 'Notorious Inmates' when setting up options from the fog of war (etc) list.

After a few days of being open you get a call from the C.E.O. telling you a famous prisoner is on his/ her way to you (maybe not her actually I guess). Here are a few quick examples

Mass murderer
high Stakes Confidence trickster
Convicted Memebr of Parliament (read: Senator)
Drug Baron (prolly could get away with Miguel Castro there)

Once you end the call you get a cash advance then 24 (or maybe 48) hours to prep for them. Each notorious prisoner has to be put in a different cell type, so (and I'm spitballing here so purely for examples)

Mass Murderer requires: solitary door, concrete walls, bed, toilet, at least one other locked door.

Con Man requires: Privacy, (own cell, shower toilet) At least one amenitie (Bookshelf, T.V. etc) (Okay so that ones hazy but when more resources are put in could be easier)

Convicted Senator: At least two amenities, security (guard or cctv stationed in cell or something) Phone.

And so on and so on, I think obviously we need to see the full extent of the games resources to see what cells could be furnished with but the clincher is this, and I'm sure this has been discussed in one way or another, but each type can implement escape a different way, for instance, the senator could bribe guards, the con man could trick workers into giving him a key, etc etc. The bonus would be if they serve their term without escaping, dying or spending a certain amount of time seriously injured, you get a massive cash bonus.

EDIT: Mass murderer requires execution room somewhere in prison and you have to fry him, but he tries more and more to escape as the date draws nearer.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Kal Imist wrote:Drug Baron (prolly could get away with Miguel Castro there)

Fidel Castro was opposed to drug use.
Kal Imist
level1
level1

Postby Kal Imist » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:21 pm

Ah, didn't know that but makes sense I guess, but a diplomatic prisoner could be a special type, they need to stay completely unharmed throughout their stay to win maybe.

also: Paulo Escobar then??
mkygod
level1
level1

Postby mkygod » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 am

I think its a great idea. Accept, real-life names shouldn't be used. It can be like a parody name like OG Simpson or something. Perhaps, it may be a bit too referential though, so maybe infamous made-up characters would be better.

This would bring another layer of character and charm to the game. I think there should a view in place or a marker or something where you can quickly locate these types of prisoners to keep tabs on them and the ability to assign them to a cell.
piratesswoop
level0

Postby piratesswoop » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 pm

I've already seen a prisoner who is called the doctor at the heart of Operacion Puerto, which was a real case about doping in Spanish sport. The real life doctor was Eufemiano Fuentes.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:40 pm

piratesswoop wrote:I've already seen a prisoner who is called the doctor at the heart of Operacion Puerto, which was a real case about doping in Spanish sport. The real life doctor was Eufemiano Fuentes.

That was almost certainly a Name-In-Game prisoners, i.e. one that was put there by a paying customer. All of the Name-In-Game prisoners are essentially normal prisoners in that their "stats" (hidden traits, rap sheets, and so on) are generated randomly by the game and have no relation to whatever bio the customer wrote. I believe that what those posting in this thread want is unrelated---it is not so much the biography that they are interested in, but the characteristics of some special prisoners and how they relate to a biography and the broader narrative of the game.

By way of example, I think that the idea could be summed up as follows: on some random morning, a new prisoner by the name of Earl Cocainia arrives at the prison. The player is presented with a newspaper clipping discussing the trial and sentencing of Earl, a noted cocaine kingpin. Based on a large number of drug trafficking and racketeering convictions, the player is on notice that Earl is likely to attempt to smuggle drugs into the prison (as a result of a bunch of hidden traits that the player is unaware of). The player might be awarded some bonus for reforming this particular prisoner. This would be a way of shaping a narrative in a sandbox mode, if that is what IV want to do.

xander

Return to “Community Members”