Alpha 6 - first thoughts

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Penroyaltea
level1
level1

Postby Penroyaltea » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:14 pm

Dybing wrote:The prisoner tiering don't seem to do much for me. Oh sure, the max-sec. inmates are more violent, but only until they get settled in. Though they do require more guards to keep their tempers from going red-hot. Later when you can assign prisoners separate yards and canteens, I think it'll make more of a difference. What I find a bit odd though, is that many prisoners do not necessarily go to the nearest shower in the morning, but haul-ass to a different ward across the compound and shower there. Even if that means min-sec. inmates being real careful to not dropping the soap in a max-sec. ward shower.

The big update for me, is how the medical staff now don't need nearly as much micro-management. They'll happily run around squirting jolly-juice into peoples arms by themselves for the most part. Also not having prisoners getting stuck everywhere is a nice fix. Though I have had one strange thing happen. One of my max-sec. prisoners got on eternal solitary. Does not say so in his status, but he got assigned a solitary cell. If I try to assign him a normal cell in the max ward, he'll be moved there by a guard, but immediately after, another guard comes along, cuffs him and puts him in a solitary cell again, where the cuffs come off. And there he'll stay as if it was a normal cell. Going out for showers, meals and yard time. After I stopped trying to transfer him to a normal cell, I felt sorry for him and installed a bed in his now permanent solitary cell. :)It's a nice incremental update overall, and I really like to see where this is heading.

My prisoners still get stuck to be honest and I had the solitary bug too!
The staff areas don't seem to stay defined and my doctors don't really do anything if I don't tell them too.

The devs did say there would be a lot of glitches though and it's still very playable already.

I have an angry red mm on the "needs" bar and I can't find an angry prisoner anywhere.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Dybing wrote:[...]One of my max-sec. prisoners got on eternal solitary. Does not say so in his status, but he got assigned a solitary cell. If I try to assign him a normal cell in the max ward, he'll be moved there by a guard, but immediately after, another guard comes along, cuffs him and puts him in a solitary cell again, where the cuffs come off. And there he'll stay as if it was a normal cell. Going out for showers, meals and yard time. After I stopped trying to transfer him to a normal cell, I felt sorry for him and installed a bed in his now permanent solitary cell. :)[...]

That happened to me in Alpha 5 already, it happened when I closed the game while one of my inmates was still serving his penalty time in solitary confinement. When loading the game, his "Solitary Countdown" was gone and he was just sitting in Solitary as if it was his normal cell.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 pm

Good job devs, but i cant seems to turn off max security, the toggle wont show
With the sincerest regards,
111none
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
Dybing wrote:[...]One of my max-sec. prisoners got on eternal solitary. Does not say so in his status, but he got assigned a solitary cell. If I try to assign him a normal cell in the max ward, he'll be moved there by a guard, but immediately after, another guard comes along, cuffs him and puts him in a solitary cell again, where the cuffs come off. And there he'll stay as if it was a normal cell. Going out for showers, meals and yard time. After I stopped trying to transfer him to a normal cell, I felt sorry for him and installed a bed in his now permanent solitary cell. :)[...]

That happened to me in Alpha 5 already, it happened when I closed the game while one of my inmates was still serving his penalty time in solitary confinement. When loading the game, his "Solitary Countdown" was gone and he was just sitting in Solitary as if it was his normal cell.

Its a bug, the guards will randomly drag people to solitary cells
With the sincerest regards,
111none
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 am

I love it. Getting differend types of prisoners are great, and I am also very very happy with having believable rapsheets and sentences. Makes it feel much more authentic.
Stardog
level1
level1

Postby Stardog » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Davor wrote:Boxes, boxes everywhere. It seems to clog up the works if your deliveries/storage is full of boxes.

Anyone else getting this? That's 3 people so far.
raptorhead
level0

Postby raptorhead » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Stardog wrote:
Davor wrote:Boxes, boxes everywhere. It seems to clog up the works if your deliveries/storage is full of boxes.

Anyone else getting this? That's 3 people so far.

I've had this happen to me once so far. Another time, workers wouldn't execute orders in the beginning of the game. Each issue occurred only once. I just started a new game and things worked fine.
Katalliaan
level1
level1

Postby Katalliaan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:56 pm

The boxes thing happens when you mark out a lot of fences when paused, I've heard. Looking at the bug tracker, it'll be fixed in Alpha 7.

Return to “Community Members”