Alpha 6 - first thoughts

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Alpha 6 - first thoughts

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 pm

1. I think this is the single biggest improvement in the game since alpha 1. This one change adds so much more depth to the game. Well and truly worth the wait!
2. Getting to get to know your prisoners on an individual basis over the duration of a game is going to be very rewarding and will be a giant leap for replayability.
3. Looking forward to only being able to afford one cell block initially and having to cram all types of prisoners into it. Then as money starts flowing, looking forward to having to put serious thought into establishing different cell blocks and dividing up the prisoners and prison into segregated areas. Would be cool if I could build a canteen dedicated to feeding my murderers cabbage, while my minimal security prisoners get to eat from the bacon canteen.

Anyway, yeah. Nice bloody work I say!
User avatar
Penroyaltea
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Postby Penroyaltea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 pm

How do I download it exactly?

eta nevermind

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... php?t=3444 :roll: :oops:
User avatar
kongoman
level2
level2
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Alpha 6 - first thoughts

Postby kongoman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm

paktsardines wrote:1. I think this is the single biggest improvement in the game since alpha 1. This one change adds so much more depth to the game. Well and truly worth the wait!
2. Getting to get to know your prisoners on an individual basis over the duration of a game is going to be very rewarding and will be a giant leap for replayability.


I agree, and I think the next step should be to involve the player more in the destiny of the prisoners too...
Give the power to punish for bad behaviour and give parole for good behaviour etc...
Captainfailsauce
level0
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Captainfailsauce » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 pm

This looks amazing, absolutely worth the wait
David29
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Alpha 6 - first thoughts

Postby David29 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 pm

kongoman wrote:
paktsardines wrote:1. I think this is the single biggest improvement in the game since alpha 1. This one change adds so much more depth to the game. Well and truly worth the wait!
2. Getting to get to know your prisoners on an individual basis over the duration of a game is going to be very rewarding and will be a giant leap for replayability.


I agree, and I think the next step should be to involve the player more in the destiny of the prisoners too...
Give the power to punish for bad behaviour and give parole for good behaviour etc...


It was mentioned that parole will be something that will be implemented eventually at some point.
User avatar
blacksheep
level0
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Erf
Contact:

Postby blacksheep » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Love all of the changelog however somehow my performance has taken a HUGE hit since updating from a5, no other changes to my system software or otherwise.
::i7 2960XM::2GB 6990M in XF::16GB 1600MHz::
::Intel PCH HM67::512GB SSD (2xPM830 Raid0)::
Maraio1
level1
level1
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: West Sussex

Postby Maraio1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm

I Love It!!!!!
BloodbathBob
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:47 am

Postby BloodbathBob » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Downloaded the new build, but I've not been able to get past a black screen on loading up the application. Anyone else having this issue?
Collic001
level2
level2
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Collic001 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:04 pm

BloodbathBob wrote:Downloaded the new build, but I've not been able to get past a black screen on loading up the application. Anyone else having this issue?


I don't have that problem, but I've heard that's usually caused by the game autoloading an incompatible save game. On a new installation it will still attempt to auto load any old save files, so I would suggest deleting the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Introversion\ folder (on windows 7), or just the save game files inside. I'm not sure of the address on xp, but i believe it should be C:\application data\Local\Introversion or something similar. I think these are hidden folders, so you'll need to enable 'show hidden files and folders' in explorer for them to show. Hopefully that helps.
BloodbathBob
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:47 am

Postby BloodbathBob » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:11 pm

That did the trick, man! Cheers! 8) Now to start a new prison!
User avatar
Penroyaltea
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Postby Penroyaltea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 pm

To add the new alpha I didn't have to start a new prison or anything, wow.

I really like the personal info and prisoner types and some of the 'crimes' made me lol.
I quite like making the maximum security areas metal and concrete, and the minimum block brick and wood and trees and OCDing them in to their compartments? very satisfying indeed. Can't wait to be able to reform them and send them on their way (one way or another mwahahhaha).

I still got a memory crash I think, and I don't use the fog of war anyhow.

From an aesthetic pov, I'd really like some new floor textures and toilet cubicles. And the grass is kind of lurid.

Awesome though, thanks developers.
Diceman
level1
level1
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Postby Diceman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks Devs, really excited about this, cant wait to play tonight.

Hoping to find some prisoners convicted of "High Tech Fraud"!!!!
Citizen
level2
level2
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 am

Postby Citizen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm

In the Alpha 6 video I noticed a priest in a cell with an inmate - Are executions in? Also, are big TV's still broken? Nice update. I like the changes.
Diceman
level1
level1
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Postby Diceman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm

I think that is just the death row Edward scenario but im not sure.
Branoic
level1
level1
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Postby Branoic » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Citizen wrote:In the Alpha 6 video I noticed a priest in a cell with an inmate - Are executions in? Also, are big TV's still broken? Nice update. I like the changes.


Yeah that's just Edward, the prisoner from the intro / tutorial. The prison used in the tutorial is the same prison the devs use in all their videos.

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest