Guard towers and snipers

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

AAXIUM
level1
level1

Guard towers and snipers

Postby AAXIUM » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 am

because i read some where about some prisoners being esape artists not in the game currently but in future updates so the solution could be guard towers and lookout postions and maybe some snipers with tranquilisers to take the people who could escape past fences and walls. this is incase of escape artists being put into the game other than that i dont see a use for the snipers or thelookout towers because thats what cctv for
AAXIUM
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:06 am

I'd like to add rubber rounds, tiny chance of killing but normally stuns and is instantly effective. Lethal rounds as well for instant effectiveness but a much higher chance of killing the prisoner. If you're going to have tranquilizers one might as well cover the spectrum. Even though gaurd towers and snipers have been suggested I still would love to see them as it's a big part of prison movies.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:36 am

I would like to see guard towers and riflemen on it. (would not call them snipers, really... they are no snipers just because of a scoped rifle)
Yesterday I watched "Felon", a very good "prison movie" where rubber balls where used...well...often and very effectively.

Would be surprised if the devs would not implement towers and shooters later, really.
phoenixca
level1
level1

Postby phoenixca » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Given how the devs have talked about the game at conferences and in the alpha videos, I'd be quite surprised if such a feature weren't already in their plans. Part of the reason escape tunnels haven't been included in the release versions yet is because, while cool and quite functional, there's no way to counter them as a player.

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7k#t=1277s

The link is around when he starts talking about the freedom need and tunnelling, but do watch the whole thing. Among features mentioned are dogs (for sniffing out tunnellers; who knows, maybe they could be used for more thorough cell searches too), riots (still kinda broken), paramedics, only guards opening certain doors (quite broken), watchtowers (if I recall correctly), and even schools and visitation rooms.
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:26 am

Ive checked the people.png in the data folder and it seems that scoped rifles are not too far away from dropping some running prisoners... :twisted:

Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah, this might be beta stuff. Enhancing the detail.

Unless you would need a behaviour to get past the guards in the towers, that might be worth doing in the alpha?:
Prisoner disguising as a guard or worker (or nurse) beating and stealing uniform. (Hmmm that nurse looks a bit butch)
Prisoner camo-think of walking storage boxes, trees with feet...
Tunnelling
Er catapults (who knows eh)

So perhaps the core mechanic might be that each prisoner is in the lookout for a 'shopping list' and multiplied by freedom points to give chance of success.

Would need to give the prisoner opportunities to collect the items, through laundry, workshop, kitchen, store room places, I guess
Pieckton
level1
level1

Postby Pieckton » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah, that's confirme really ! I checked the object.png too :

Image =)
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:11 am

Finally my security room will have a use.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Nabbs1
level1
level1

already suggested

Postby Nabbs1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:06 am

111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:16 am

Pieckton wrote:Yeah, that's confirme really ! I checked the object.png too :

Image =)

lockers or armory to the right in blue?
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Pieckton
level1
level1

Postby Pieckton » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

I think it's locker, cause weapons should be storage in the "wood rack" at left ^^
Nabbs1
level1
level1

Postby Nabbs1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 pm

prob a locker for riot gear

Return to “Community Members”