Idea! A mutual cell!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

What's your opinion about this idea?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:59 am

Should be implemented with a maximum of 6 in a cell.
20%
Should be implemented with a maximum of 4 in a cell.
29%
Should be implemented with a maximum of 2 in a cell.
40%
Shouldn't be implemented at all.
2%
Should be implemented with a maximum in a cell that I will reply.
9%

Total votes: 163
charles.duval
level0

Postby charles.duval » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

I do strongly support this idea.
I think that a prisoner having a cellmate would allow him to become "friends" or "enemies" with him and maybe they'd start always being together, or maybe you'd have to change prisoners from cell to cell because he might not get along with most other prisoners. When/If fully implemented it would give the game another aspect in which you can try to control the prison to ensure it runs smoothly.
soul_rever38
level1
level1

Postby soul_rever38 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 pm

This is a good idea and I would love to see if in the game, though I think that riots and fights would be more likely to kick off due to having prisoners in such environments.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

soul_rever38 wrote:This is a good idea and I would love to see if in the game, though I think that riots and fights would be more likely to kick off due to having prisoners in such environments.

Or good prisoners will stop fights... :idea:
With the sincerest regards,
111none
godofallcows
level0

Postby godofallcows » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 am

There should be dorm bays, and special status given to prisoners there long enough. IRL they are called trustees, and wear different colored clothes and they have chores like cooking and cleaning that they do while supervised!

It would be awesome because you could save funds and keep then occupied. Perhaps a second schedule for the trustees, like kitchen duty, extra free time, and doors that only staff + trustees could enter (lie the kitchen for example0!
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 am

godofallcows wrote:There should be dorm bays, and special status given to prisoners there long enough. IRL they are called trustees, and wear different colored clothes and they have chores like cooking and cleaning that they do while supervised!

It would be awesome because you could save funds and keep then occupied. Perhaps a second schedule for the trustees, like kitchen duty, extra free time, and doors that only staff + trustees could enter (lie the kitchen for example0!

:idea:
111none
marinlik
level0

Postby marinlik » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am

I like this idea. Like someone said before in the thread, it is a tradeoff for you. You either have single cells, but that costs more money. Or you have cells with more people, which cost less money, but more fights are probable.
thekev506
level1
level1

Postby thekev506 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:00 pm

+1 for this idea

If you check out Louis Theroux's documentaries on various prisons (might be able to find them on youtube?) you see that some cells hold 10+ inmates, and also that when fights do break out in cells the inmates play it down, keep things internal and deny it ever happening outside the cell, because they're always looking to keep guards away.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 pm

thekev506 wrote:+1 for this idea

If you check out Louis Theroux's documentaries on various prisons (might be able to find them on youtube?) you see that some cells hold 10+ inmates, and also that when fights do break out in cells the inmates play it down, keep things internal and deny it ever happening outside the cell, because they're always looking to keep guards away.

currently,in the savegame you can edit the prisoners gang id.... i have soo many gang wars now.....
111none
Collic001
level2
level2

Postby Collic001 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 pm

InsightSoul wrote:This is mandatory. There should be no hard maximum. Instead, include trade offs for increasing # of prisoners per cell.

I think this is a good route to go in further down the line. We have this system already to some extent with the holding cells, but if this was implemeted then they could transition into being actual holding cells for processing rather just being a population buffer.

I'd hope we'll get things like bunk beds at some point as well; it would add more legs to the experience in terms of what kind of population density a prison could support - with ever increasing over crowding adding problems for the player to deal with.
jojojoost
level0

Postby jojojoost » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Dybing wrote:Two man cells should be an option as it is quite common in many prisons. No special room designation needed, should be identified automatically as a two man cell if it is say at least 3x3 tiles and have two beds.

Whilst on the subject, perhaps also have dormitories. Not that usual here in Europe, but is all the rage in the US for the more docile prisoners. Would work more or less as a holding cell, only a certain minimum amount of beds are mandatory. Number of prisoners allowed into a dorm equals amount of beds installed.

It is quite usual here in The Netherlands, most of the prisons I saw from the inside over here had some kind of dorm some even with a kitchen where prisoners could make stuff they bought in the prison store.
barfingofthebuns
level0

Bunk bed

Postby barfingofthebuns » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:22 am

I think if you did this it could only be to and you would need a bunkbed
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 am

According to the alpha 6 zones maybe upto 20 in low security (like a dorm) , 2 in normal (bunk beds ) and 1 in maximum.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

This is what the holding cells for, but sadly, guards give them new cells
111none
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:47 am

Does it move prisoners out of holding cells into empty cells if the empty cells are for a different security prisoner?
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:34 am

I think two should be the max per cell, these guys could then become friends, maybe even help each other in fights, or try to escape together. Would be fun :)

Return to “Community Members”