[Suggestion] Staff Attitude and more Security Options

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Do you want to be able to change staff attitude? And get more security options.

ALL
60%
Staff Attitude (From Ultimate dicks to Absolute Angels)
5%
Security Towers (Allow snipers please)
11%
Guard Rooms (Armory)
8%
Assigning inmates to certain areas only
8%
Assigning specific CCTV to specific monitors
5%
None of the above :(
4%

Total votes: 110
Anarchist26
level0

[Suggestion] Staff Attitude and more Security Options

Postby Anarchist26 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi everyone! I'm a recent fan of Introversion, introduced by Zoomingames.tv through Prison Architect! Yay!

Anyway, I really love the games, especially prison architect and the freedom that they give you in determining how your prison works.

But as far as I've searched forums and played the game, making a "hell hole" and/or paradise isnt very easy without changing your staff's attitude in general and having more objects to work with.
(I know the game is still in Alpha, so Im sure devs are working to address some, if not all, of the suggestions im about to make.)

For me, this mainly applies to guards. I truly believe that there are prisons out there where guards are the ultimate assholes and prisoners cant do shit about it because, well, the guards are armed etc etc.
While there are prisons where guards are "a bit" friendly where prisoners actually SAVE guards if they were ever attacked by other inmates.

So yeah, if anyone wants to see the following suggestions, kindly vote YES or state why not if you disagree! Thanks!

Guard Rooms (Armory)

Assigning inmates to certain areas only (IE, a prisoner is assigned to Area A. He will only be able to access Area A Cell, Yard, Shower, Canteen etc etc.)

Thats it for now, I know I've written quite a handful and my thoughts are a little scattered this morning (Wake up > Prison Architect > Ideas > To the forums!)

Thank you for taking the time to read this but enough of this, more wardening! :D
mikepardon
level1
level1

Postby mikepardon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm

So starting off with your list:

Staff Attitude: I like the idea of different characterists, but I'd prefer if you hired them that way, or they become more of a bastard over time, rather than being an option.

Security Towers - Sounds like a good idea, def with the moreso awareness of prison breaks going forward.

Guard Rooms - Not really too fussed myself, has it's pro's and con's

Assigning inmates - I quite like this option, def if we use things like wings to the prison. But, you can kinda of work that yourself, if you use hallways to asign staff only, then you can section off where inmates can visit.

CCTV - Again not too fussed, I've had huge prisons and small, never really seen the benefit of the monitor. You can easily design a prison at this stage without needing them. Though I think going forward, I may help a lot.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Staff attitude- I think staff personality should play an important part in who you hire and why. If you order a gaurd to shoot a prisoner but it says in his bio that he's a bit more freewilled and kinder to prisoners there's the chance he may ignore your order and use a different method to deal with the situation.

Security Towers- I like snipers and also I would like to add searchlights for them, this would allow easier monitoring of outside activity such as a prisoner coming out of his escape tunnel to make a run for it.

Aromory- I personally believe in the use of force in prisons so I'd love to see the option to have an armory with the con of it being a massive security risk if prisoners break inn.

Assigning inmates to certain areas- I'd like to see that implemented in a color code system, blue jumpsuits have acces to the blue sectors while greens can have access to the green sectors and you can overlap the colors in areas like a canteen with it displaying as stripes of colors.

CCTV for specfic monitors- I can kind of see the point of that, maybe having CCTVs for very important areas in more secure places than the other.

Overall I think the ideas I really want to see are staff attitude and Assigning inmates, the rest would give me more options but I'd be happy if they came later on.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Anarchist26
level0

Postby Anarchist26 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 am

Im bumping this suggestion so more people (and devs, yes hopefully devs) can see it. Thanks! Keep the votes and comments coming :D
gazmask
level1
level1

Postby gazmask » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm

staff attitude: you should be able to choose a guard from a list of applicants. I can't think of another game except SWAT 2. A list of applicant with some traits, like 'violent, 'lazy', charismatic' on a scale of 1 to 5 (random generated), so you can decide what kind of overall staff attitude you have in your prison. Changing a guards attitude over time would be too complicated.

assigning prisoners: much like the staff-only zones, would come in handy in larger sized prisons!
Contributing editor and assistant supervisor at http://www.gvangames.be (dutch)
Played: Uplink, Defcon
Playing: Prison Architect
Bane
level0

Postby Bane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:30 pm

i'd agree to all points but the cameras; i voted ALL anyways.

as for the Armory there is already another thread here: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... php?t=1444

as for the certain areas for prisoners there is this one: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... php?t=1433
Anarchist26
level0

Postby Anarchist26 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 am

Bumping for more possible support? :D
Setari
level2
level2

Postby Setari » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 am

/signed for this, I like the ideas. Though I haven't gotten to use cctvs yet but I like that idea, though you'd need guards watching the monitors all the time or something.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 am

Yes! signed up as well
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Anarchist26
level0

Postby Anarchist26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:00 pm

bumping once more for more supporters.

also, comments :D
Penroyaltea
level1
level1

Postby Penroyaltea » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 pm

I'd love to assign prisoners to certain blocks depending on how bad they are.

I'm not sure how you could make a prison guard better or worse, that was an option in Theme Park and it was just annoying having to pick who to hire. I'd like some guards to administer random beatings if you treat them badly or something though.
111none
level4
level4

Re: [Suggestion] Staff Attitude and more Security Options

Postby 111none » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Anarchist26 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm a recent fan of Introversion, introduced by Zoomingames.tv through Prison Architect! Yay!

Anyway, I really love the games, especially prison architect and the freedom that they give you in determining how your prison works.

But as far as I've searched forums and played the game, making a "hell hole" and/or paradise isnt very easy without changing your staff's attitude in general and having more objects to work with.
(I know the game is still in Alpha, so Im sure devs are working to address some, if not all, of the suggestions im about to make.)

For me, this mainly applies to guards. I truly believe that there are prisons out there where guards are the ultimate assholes and prisoners cant do shit about it because, well, the guards are armed etc etc.
While there are prisons where guards are "a bit" friendly where prisoners actually SAVE guards if they were ever attacked by other inmates.

So yeah, if anyone wants to see the following suggestions, kindly vote YES or state why not if you disagree! Thanks!

Guard Rooms (Armory)

Assigning inmates to certain areas only (IE, a prisoner is assigned to Area A. He will only be able to access Area A Cell, Yard, Shower, Canteen etc etc.)

Thats it for now, I know I've written quite a handful and my thoughts are a little scattered this morning (Wake up > Prison Architect > Ideas > To the forums!)

Thank you for taking the time to read this but enough of this, more wardening! :D

security tower= guard tower?
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Setari
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Staff Attitude and more Security Options

Postby Setari » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:50 am

111none wrote:
Anarchist26 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm a recent fan of Introversion, introduced by Zoomingames.tv through Prison Architect! Yay!

Guard Rooms (Armory)

security tower= guard tower?

Yes. Though upon thinking about it a security tower could be just a guard in a tower with a large spotlight! Whereas a guard tower would be a sniper.

Return to “Community Members”