Can't afford items I already bought but dismantled?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

mred209
level1
level1

Can't afford items I already bought but dismantled?

Postby mred209 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi all, first post here, have lurked for ages. I don't play enough to spot new bugs but I come here to check that things I find not working are already known. Really enjoying watching the game develop :)

I'm on Alpha5 but for a long time now I've had an issue whereby if I have a low or negative balance, I can't place objects that are in storage that I've already bought, placed, then dismantled.

Actually I'm not sure if this happens with all objects, but for example I noticed it with bookshelves last night. Had some installed in the Common Room but nobody was ever using them and still complained about recreation so I tried dismantling them so I could move them to some cells. They were transferred to the Storage Room, but as I only had $21 left, when I went to place them in cells I was told I couldn't afford them.

Feature, or known issue?
furrot
level1
level1

Postby furrot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:07 pm

I coulda sworn that was going to be fixed in Alpha 5 but it's a bug that been around for a bit.

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=529

Unfortunately I don't see a way to reopen the ticket. Another fund related bug that can hurt you badly is that the new foundation cancelling does not refund you any money so if you rapidly rebuild and resize a room you'll be in the negatives in no time.
mred209
level1
level1

Postby mred209 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Looks like it's closed because it's a duplicate, not because it's fixed... ;)

Okay, thanks!
Guvnor
level2
level2

Postby Guvnor » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:45 pm

The original bug report is here:

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=84
mikepardon
level1
level1

Postby mikepardon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:28 pm

I might be wrong but I only get that bug when I can't afford the item.

So if I dismantled a toilet for $100 but I only have $50 I can't build the same toilet, if I have $150 I can but the toilet but it doesn't charge.

Again I might be wrong but it's probably a quick fix for the dev team where they're proofing their game, so validating first if they have enough money THEN checking if you have the item in stock like...

if item.price > balance {
Error Message no funds
} else
if item.name is in storage then {
take item from storage and build
} else
build item
balance = balance - item.price
}
}

instead of what it should be

if item.name is in storage then {
take item from storage and build
}
elseif item.price > balance {
Error Message no funds
else
build item
balance = balance - item.price
}
puke
level0

Postby puke » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 pm

furrot wrote:Unfortunately I don't see a way to reopen the ticket. Another fund related bug that can hurt you badly is that the new foundation cancelling does not refund you any money so if you rapidly rebuild and resize a room you'll be in the negatives in no time.

I guess this is well known then? It looks like it applies to everything that deducts money prior to construction, not just foundations. so Grass, Electrical cable, but not concrete or brick walls...

Return to “Community Members”