[suggestion] chefs

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thekev506
level1
level1

[suggestion] chefs

Postby thekev506 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Something that really bugs me is the way chefs are basically really crappy with their time. I have a good chef:prisoner ratio, about 7 prisoners per chef, but they spend all of their time hauling food to the kitchen and no time cooking or putting the food out. Time and again it'll get to food time for the prisoners and there's no food out for the first half hour because all of the chefs decided that this is the perfect time to go grab stock.

Simple fix: have the builders bring stock to the kitchen instead, and only have the chefs collect stock if all of the builders are already doing jobs.
furrot
level1
level1

Postby furrot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I've also noticed that in the latest alpha (5) that cooks are not as good with their time. Cooked food is only being brought out after "Eat" has started. It had always seemed like they prepared during the hour leading up to the "Eat" period and had the food out on time.
Fabioguar
level1
level1

Postby Fabioguar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:20 pm

It is a known bug. I hope it will be fixed soon.

I read on Mantis that sometimes Chef "don't see" food on fridge so they go to take another box of food and they don't cook for new prisoner so the kitchen seems disorganized.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Not to mention they don't team up to fill each section of the cooker. In the end you have one pot of cabbage soup filled to the brim with another 3/10s of the way another is only one serving and so on so forth.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.

Return to “Community Members”