Remove escapes from save game

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

tomshreds
level1
level1

Remove escapes from save game

Postby tomshreds » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 am

Hi,

I like to tweak stuff in my save games such as money, etc. Now I'd like to know how to remove escaped prisonners from our prisons?

Because right now it costs me a load ton of money because of 8 escapes. Any idea how?

It's just for fun and I know this shouldn't be done but it's just for fun hehe.

Thanks!
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 am

But escapes don't make any difference right now, do they? I had a prison where over 50% of the inmates had escaped and it was still making money... I'm honestly curious what it's doing to your game.
tomshreds
level1
level1

Postby tomshreds » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 am

HerrJoebob wrote:But escapes don't make any difference right now, do they? I had a prison where over 50% of the inmates had escaped and it was still making money... I'm honestly curious what it's doing to your game.

I thought it was doing something because I can clearly see that it cost me like 500 000 worth of escapes. But then again I checked the Finance panel and found out that it was actually just because I had too much employees that I wasn't making money.

How do you make money then? :-/

Also how do you make guards stay in the designated space for cctv monitors?

Thanks!
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:33 am

Escapees just affect prison valuation, not actual income.

More prisoners = more income, $100 per day, so just keep staffing levels below this.

And, in your cctv room, in your deployment menu, click "guards" then click the cctv room to assign a guard to that room, and then click patrol and set a single square in front of your monitors, and he'll patrol that single square.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:04 am

Azarath wrote:And, in your cctv room, in your deployment menu, click "guards" then click the cctv room to assign a guard to that room, and then click patrol and set a single square in front of your monitors, and he'll patrol that single square.

The key thing is that CCTV monitors' areas can overlap... so make a 3x3 room with monitors on every square of the wall and set a patrol right in the center of that (as Azarath said).
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:10 am

Or, have some cctv monitors next to each other, and have a small patrol line going from each one. He'll then just patrol the monitors and it's all good.
flatstuff
level0

Postby flatstuff » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 pm

You can open up your savefile with notepad and then do a search for "BEGIN Finance Balance xxxxxx" and just replace xxxxxx with the amount of money you want.

Return to “Community Members”