[Suggestion] Politics & Lawyers + Community Corrections

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Nibbles
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Politics & Lawyers + Community Corrections

Postby Nibbles » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Perhaps with great ammounts of cash, players could influence criminal law thus having an impact on the number of prisoners that are sent to prison.

This would have to be a very expensive business venture and require an expensive team of lawyers.. :(

Lawyers could also work to unlocking community correctional facilities within the prison to reduce inmate jail-time :D "YAY!"

I realise that this is prison architect, however this could then open up an avenue for probation and electronic monitoring.... etc.

COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES :D and politics and stuff.

Honest opinions only plz.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I'd kind of like to use this ability to be able to keep prisoners, using funds and time to slowly make it to where the "archiect" can decide wether the pisoner is ready to leave and can actually extend or decrease time in prison at will.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Masochist
level1
level1

Postby Masochist » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:10 am

I would be more than happy to see any sort of expansion of concept with this game...its going great places but even great games end up at a point where there is nothing left to do. As long as its done right I see no reason to not add features like this.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I actually kind of agree with the statement, while this isn't neccesary this would be something worth looking into as DLC when PA finishes.
Lareh
level0

Postby Lareh » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:35 pm

First I shall control the prison sentences, then the whole world! BWAHAHAHAHAH! 8)

... Yeah, something along those lines would definitely add to the game (As 'DLC' or otherwise) - Especially it'd be something to look forward to after the point where you've maxed out your prison, and all you can do is shrug and go "Now what?" or start a new prison, which would just be rinsing and repeating.
MasterEggplant
level1
level1

Postby MasterEggplant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:05 pm

I like the idea, but I don't want it as a DLC, I want it like it's in real prisons!

Prisoners that are not condemned for execution or life sentence, should have a parole comity at half of their sentence (on usual bases that's when it is set to.).

And you should be able to make them work/volunteer/study to be able to have greater chances to be paroled.
Also in most prisons around the world (including the US) prisoners can receive high school education diploma and even a university major diploma, and that should be an option in the game to provide inmates with the ability to do so (of course not at this stages at the alpha, but at some point.)
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:27 am

That's the fun thing about PA, it's not 100% realistic so that there can be some fun tools that you shouldn't get in a hardcore simulator to have some interesting results. For example, what if I could bribe that parole commitee to keep that prisoner incarcerated regardless of their personal reviews on him/her when there's low crime rates so I can keep up my income? The part about the education is practically garunteed as part of the rehabilitation path ( that I'll not be taking :P).
Sunyavadin
level1
level1

Postby Sunyavadin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:17 pm

Lobbyists would be an interesting type of staff for your prison corp. to hire. You could see the influence of them in prisoner biographies as greater numbers of prisoners began to be arrested and locked up for pettier and pettier crimes, it'd be a pretty solid reflection of how the industry operates. And could nicely work in adding hints of moral/ethical choices into the game with focus either being on increasing revenue through getting more people locked up by expanding definitions of crime, or on lowering crime by rehabilitating prisoners.

Return to “Community Members”