Does anyone know how to start a fire?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Access to spawning fire would be good to test?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Yes?
18
69%
No?
8
31%
 
Total votes: 26
User avatar
Mark_154
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am
Location: London, UK

Does anyone know how to start a fire?

Postby Mark_154 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to start a fire to test new Alpha 5 features, but i've never seen a fire. Maybe i'm just lucky, what do you guys think? I see Chris Spawning fire, it would be nice have access to his tools ( or some of them ) ?
Last edited by Mark_154 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
xxCOOPSxx
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Postby xxCOOPSxx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Agree, ive never had a fire either. Now i just wanna burn my prison down to put the fireman in to action
User avatar
Mark_154
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am
Location: London, UK

Postby Mark_154 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Maybe we just Pyromaniacs :D but also want to see my Prison burn.
TrashMeNot
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Postby TrashMeNot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 pm

I always assumed building something electrical inside the shower would cause a fire. Like a generator, stove, television. I will have to try this when I get home.
User avatar
Mark_154
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am
Location: London, UK

Postby Mark_154 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm adding all electrical object i can to shower, i will see what happens :D
xxCOOPSxx
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Postby xxCOOPSxx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 pm

let us know if that works, also does it kill anybody
User avatar
Mark_154
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am
Location: London, UK

Postby Mark_154 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 pm

rofl , it took about 48hrs, but i have fire in shower, just put a few cookers in shower room and removed drains.

it only started small fire. and didn't spread, but i did get the fire engines in to deal with it.
TrashMeNot
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Postby TrashMeNot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Mark_154 wrote:rofl , it took about 48hrs, but i have fire in shower, just put a few cookers in shower room and removed drains.

it only started small fire. and didn't spread, but i did get the fire engines in to deal with it.


You can just picture the confusion with the inmates: why is there a stove in the shower?
owerdna
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Postby owerdna » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm

TrashMeNot wrote:
You can just picture the confusion with the inmates: why is there a stove in the shower?


ROFL, Nearly spilled my Beer!
User avatar
Mark_154
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am
Location: London, UK

Postby Mark_154 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Rofl, you think thats funny, the cooks are in the shower cooking :lol:
User avatar
christopher1006
level5
level5
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:25 pm

I guess it's for easy steaming? Might make prisoners think twice before eating that bowl of rice and beef.
Barabas
level0
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Postby Barabas » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:43 am

They should make fire's less rare.
User avatar
christopher1006
level5
level5
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 pm

No they should not make fires common, the things are a bloody mess. Unless you're quick to act and have every last prisoner in their cell that fire pokes holes through your outer walls pretty quickly and your prisoners are home free at that point.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
User avatar
Mark_154
level1
level1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am
Location: London, UK

Postby Mark_154 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 pm

christopher1006 wrote:No they should not make fires common, the things are a bloody mess. Unless you're quick to act and have every last prisoner in their cell that fire pokes holes through your outer walls pretty quickly and your prisoners are home free at that point.


But i have never seen a fire till i started putting electrical things in stupid places, i just want to be able to test new features, we are playing alpha, i wouldn't want it in the beta, but for testing it would be good for people like me who never seen fire without trying HARD to start one.
User avatar
a__gun
level3
level3
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:16 pm
Location: UK

Postby a__gun » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 am

Mark_154 wrote:
christopher1006 wrote:No they should not make fires common, the things are a bloody mess. Unless you're quick to act and have every last prisoner in their cell that fire pokes holes through your outer walls pretty quickly and your prisoners are home free at that point.


But i have never seen a fire till i started putting electrical things in stupid places, i just want to be able to test new features, we are playing alpha, i wouldn't want it in the beta, but for testing it would be good for people like me who never seen fire without trying HARD to start one.


Whilst this is an alpha, they want us to test the game as it is meant to be played, not test our ability to mess around with dev tools. Id love access to the dev tools, but i think if we had that access, IV wouldn't of had as much useful feedback as they have.

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests