(suggestion) Prisoner time

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Prisoner time

Prisoners leaving after a set amount of time
100%
Prisoners staying forever
0%

Total votes: 216
snapster1212
level0

(suggestion) Prisoner time

Postby snapster1212 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:40 pm

You guys could add something where Prisoners serve a specific amount of time before being released, thsi way continous intake would not just keep piling up and actualy be playable.
4folders
level1
level1

Postby 4folders » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:54 pm

I definitely think prisoners should leave after they've served their time, and from what I've read on the forum, everybody seems to agree with this. I think I've read somewhere that this is planned for the future developments, along with some sort of "rap sheet" with details of the crime committed, number of times stabbed, etc.

Can't wait for it :)
Frede1012
level1
level1

Postby Frede1012 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 pm

4folders wrote:I definitely think prisoners should leave after they've served their time, and from what I've read on the forum, everybody seems to agree with this. I think I've read somewhere that this is planned for the future developments, along with some sort of "rap sheet" with details of the crime committed, number of times stabbed, etc.

Can't wait for it :)

This ^^
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm curious how the devs would make that work... the way time works currently, there's hardly any way anybody would have the patience to run a prison long enough to get guys finishing sentences unless the sentences are like 3 weeks. :)
Disc10
level1
level1

Postby Disc10 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Well not to get morbid, but having proper times could work if you have a fair number of people you need to execute too. That way you're making room for new prisoners fairly quickly. :P

I'm a bad man. :P
Sliver59
level1
level1

Postby Sliver59 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:04 pm

HerrJoebob wrote:I'm curious how the devs would make that work... the way time works currently, there's hardly any way anybody would have the patience to run a prison long enough to get guys finishing sentences unless the sentences are like 3 weeks. :)

Well the way that time works now is unrealistic anyways. No prison is built in only 24 hours, and a prisoner wouldn't be put into solitary for merely 45min. So a prisoner getting out in 3 days isn't unreasonable compared to everything else.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 pm

HerrJoebob wrote:I'm curious how the devs would make that work... the way time works currently, there's hardly any way anybody would have the patience to run a prison long enough to get guys finishing sentences unless the sentences are like 3 weeks. :)

It is a game. Many games monkey with the reality of time to make a game playable. A one week sentence may be quite reasonable in the world of Prison Architect. After all, an entire building can go up in a couple of hours. ;)

xander
Saranis
level2
level2

Postby Saranis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am

xander wrote:

It is a game. Many games monkey with the reality of time to make a game playable. A one week sentence may be quite reasonable in the world of Prison Architect. After all, an entire building can go up in a couple of hours. ;)

xander

Whos to say that 1 day in game cant represent months or even a YEAR of prisoner time.
Maroon
level1
level1

Postby Maroon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 am

Heck, for that matter, being able to empty the Morgue would be nice.
Or to be able to cremate them.

Seriously, my morgue is far too big. Mainly because I needed to free up cells.
8)
qriff
level0

Postby qriff » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:47 pm

You sick puppy 8)

Maroon wrote:Seriously, my morgue is far too big. Mainly because I needed to free up cells.
8)
francium
level1
level1

Postby francium » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Sliver59 wrote:

Well the way that time works now is unrealistic anyways. No prison is built in only 24 hours, and a prisoner wouldn't be put into solitary for merely 45min. So a prisoner getting out in 3 days isn't unreasonable compared to everything else.

Yes, We cant have a faster scale because the game is not going to be plaid for weeks on end, even with saving
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 am

I hope the game is never plaid. Tartan, maybe.
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:48 am

Or tweed.

As for building times though, we all know if builders stopped taking all those tea breaks, lunch breaks, break breaks etc, construction would only take a few hours ;)
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:19 am

Azarath wrote:Or tweed.

As for building times though, we all know if builders stopped taking all those tea breaks, lunch breaks, break breaks etc, construction would only take a few hours ;)

lolz +1 for that but wouldnt that count as slavery? 0_o
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Carmelle
level1
level1

Postby Carmelle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:47 am

111none wrote:
Azarath wrote:Or tweed.

lolz +1 for that but wouldnt that count as slavery? 0_o

Don't think of it so much as slavery, but as running a tight ship. Besides, slavery would mean it was against their will. Presumably, they applied for the position and entered a mutually agreed-upon arrangement :P

Return to “Community Members”