[suggestion] the ability to disable blood in options

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Cbowma4
level0

[suggestion] the ability to disable blood in options

Postby Cbowma4 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 am

I really enjoy the construction elements of this game, sans potential bloodbath. I think a pretty nifty construction / general contractor game could be modded from this actually. Could you add an option box to disable blood, at least in sandbox mode?
smccuan
level1
level1

Postby smccuan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 am

It's a game about a prison - there will be blood. If you want to play something "clean" you should probably avoid a game with "Prison" in the title.
Frede1012
level1
level1

Postby Frede1012 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:41 am

It would be easy to implement, and might allow more "younger" to play :)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 am

I don't think the campaign would ever be suitable. Blood's got nothing to do with it.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:00 am

Mas Tnega wrote:I don't think the campaign would ever be suitable. Blood's got nothing to do with it.

^^ that, I don't think the game will ever be anything but adult.
dominic1298
level1
level1

RE: Turn of blood option (suggestion)

Postby dominic1298 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:13 pm

The above people have all specified that this game is adult, but when I bought the game I saw no AGE RECCOMENDATIONS at all, this really means that the game should be suitable for a 3 year old. But clearly it is not.

Maybe, Introversion should decide on an age recommendation like 12+ (because I am 14 and I am not affected at all by this game, I love it!). I do love this game to bits and I think it would be such a shame to lose customers through an 18+ age restriction. I think that this game is suitable for 12+ anyway to be honest. Maybe Chris should run a poll to help him decide the age limit.

Alternatively, Chris could develop an option which people could choose in the initial game startup (I believe someone is helping chris make a game menu (main screen) at the moment) which lets people turn Gory graphic off, this would also mean that the player would play another campaign more suitable for them. I don't think this would be too hard to programme to be honest and considering it might allow a few more players on the game it might even make them some extra money.

I wonder if anyone else has the same views as me!

--Dom
I run a Tekkit server, Velikcraft (Join us now at tekkit.velikcraft.net). I love to play Prison Architect, Battlefield and Minecraft/Tekkit. You could call me a geek, but I am learning Swedish... PM me for a chat :D
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Where do these people come from?
DonkSpirit
level1
level1

Postby DonkSpirit » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:26 pm

WTF is going on in this forum?

dominic1298
level1
level1

Postby dominic1298 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 pm

DonkSpirit wrote:WTF is going on in this forum?

This is ridiculous. Stop trolling the forums with "This is Alpha" WE KNOW ITS ALPHA. We are giving ideas to the creators of the game.
I run a Tekkit server, Velikcraft (Join us now at tekkit.velikcraft.net). I love to play Prison Architect, Battlefield and Minecraft/Tekkit. You could call me a geek, but I am learning Swedish... PM me for a chat :D
111none
level4
level4

Re: RE: Turn of blood option (suggestion)

Postby 111none » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 am

dominic1298 wrote:The above people have all specified that this game is adult, but when I bought the game I saw no AGE RECCOMENDATIONS at all, this really means that the game should be suitable for a 3 year old. But clearly it is not.

Maybe, Introversion should decide on an age recommendation like 12+ (because I am 14 and I am not affected at all by this game, I love it!). I do love this game to bits and I think it would be such a shame to lose customers through an 18+ age restriction. I think that this game is suitable for 12+ anyway to be honest. Maybe Chris should run a poll to help him decide the age limit.

--Dom

Or you could get eserb to rate it, but they'd prob give it a M rating
With the sincerest regards,
111none
astanix
level1
level1

Re: RE: Turn of blood option (suggestion)

Postby astanix » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 am

dominic1298 wrote:The above people have all specified that this game is adult, but when I bought the game I saw no AGE RECCOMENDATIONS at all, this really means that the game should be suitable for a 3 year old. But clearly it is not.

Alternatively, Chris could develop an option which people could choose in the initial game startup (I believe someone is helping chris make a game menu (main screen) at the moment) which lets people turn Gory graphic off, this would also mean that the player would play another campaign more suitable for them. I don't think this would be too hard to programme to be honest and considering it might allow a few more players on the game it might even make them some extra money.

I wonder if anyone else has the same views as me!

--Dom

Or, you could try games before you put your 3 year old in front of them? Just a thought here... you really need someone else to tell you what games to let your kids play?
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 am

Putting an age limit on something has problems due to the fact that age isn't a neccessary indicator of maturity. Perhaps a warning that states there are graphic images and violence, you have been warned. Because honestly, if it's 18+ and I'm 12 but still want to get the game the fact that there's an age restriction wouldn't make them be able to figure out who's buying or even using the product. As to the suggestion you might as well add it, Total war did something similar to make sure that the game wasn't rated M for blood being in it.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:04 am

christopher1006 wrote:Putting an age limit on something has problems due to the fact that age isn't a neccessary indicator of maturity. Perhaps a warning that states there are graphic images and violence, you have been warned. Because honestly, if it's 18+ and I'm 12 but still want to get the game the fact that there's an age restriction wouldn't make them be able to figure out who's buying or even using the product. As to the suggestion you might as well add it, Total war did something similar to make sure that the game wasn't rated M for blood being in it.

im sorry, the point is, the higher the rating, the more conversation there is about, it . its a marketing stratagey in my opion.
With the sincerest regards,
111none

Return to “Community Members”