[Upcoming] Laundry

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Chad
level3
level3

[Upcoming] Laundry

Postby Chad » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:39 pm

In Alpha 3 and 4 the devs added some new sprites to the objects.png file:
* washing machine
* laundry cart
* crumbled, folded and stacked prison uniforms

So we can wait for prison laudries in one of the future updates, where prisoners may work in.

Don't know if they laundries will be an option within workshops or an own room.

happy discussing :)
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Yay! Someone else noticed :D

I'm really looking forward to these being implemented, although I wonder how it will work...
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:32 pm

looks great - a laundry rooms so i wonder if its separate room for it like cupboards in cells or corrdior - i haven't been in real jail yet to see the system
Last edited by rsdworker on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomRabbit
level0

Postby RandomRabbit » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 pm

rsdworker wrote: i haven't been in real jail yet

You say that like you plan to be someday...
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 am

Haha i freaking love this :D they do know where they want to take the game.

I definitely support more rooms like this, so prisoners have stuff to do, and laundry is just perfect! :D cant wait.

Next we need a library room and a dude who uses a cart to go around the cells giving books to inmates :D
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 am

Yay for laundry! :D
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:06 am

Seeing that picture, makes me thing, it would be kinda cool if not all prisoners had same yellow clothes. i mean there could be like a rating system if you will.

Less dangerous inmates have green clothes maybe, the average ones have yellow, the really dangerous ones have red. or something.
Guvnor
level2
level2

Postby Guvnor » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 am

Thumbs up for laundry!
Gemberkoekje
level1
level1

Postby Gemberkoekje » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 am

Great, I can't wait until my guards are battered to death with a washing machine.
Das_Wuff
level1
level1

Postby Das_Wuff » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:33 am

RMJ1984 wrote:Seeing that picture, makes me thing, it would be kinda cool if not all prisoners had same yellow clothes. i mean there could be like a rating system if you will.

Less dangerous inmates have green clothes maybe, the average ones have yellow, the really dangerous ones have red. or something.

And if the clothing gets washed wrong, everyone has to wear pink.
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 am

Das_Wuff wrote:
RMJ1984 wrote:Seeing that picture, makes me thing, it would be kinda cool if not all prisoners had same yellow clothes. i mean there could be like a rating system if you will.

And if the clothing gets washed wrong, everyone has to wear pink.

Lol. Woman prison !.!
raresteak
level1
level1

Postby raresteak » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 am

I vouch for this.
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:50 pm

I don't like the idea. the prisoners shouldn't be categorized in that way. Think of that: some very heavy bad guys see there is a small weak green clothed prisoner. I can't imagine what they would do with him.

If you mean that different clothes should be there only for visuals (and not gameplay), I would disagree too, because it would be too colorful.
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Chad wrote:I don't like the idea. the prisoners shouldn't be categorized in that way. Think of that: some very heavy bad guys see there is a small weak green clothed prisoner. I can't imagine what they would do with him.

If you mean that different clothes should be there only for visuals (and not gameplay), I would disagree too, because it would be too colorful.
Some real prisons actually do this to identify gang members etc. I think it would be a great idea that differently classed prisoners could be assigned different colours.
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:45 pm

LennyLeak wrote:
Chad wrote:I don't like the idea. the prisoners shouldn't be categorized in that way. Think of that: some very heavy bad guys see there is a small weak green clothed prisoner. I can't imagine what they would do with him.

Some real prisons actually do this to identify gang members etc. I think it would be a great idea that differently classed prisoners could be assigned different colours.

Really?
Identifying "dangerous" or "less dangerous" prisoners is something different than identifying gang members. Anyway, the visual style shouldn't change that much, a small idicator in the mouse-over menu would be better (in my opinion).
But that should be discussed in an other thread ;)

Return to “Community Members”