Alpha 3.2?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

who is with me?

Yay!
58%
Nay!
42%

Total votes: 33
tertaim
level3
level3

Alpha 3.2?

Postby tertaim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 pm

hello, I think I wont speak alone if I request the next 'alpha' to finally let us make and destroy foundations, upgrading a prison can be a real pain the ass.

I suggest the foundation tool only places the foundation so that the player places the walls himself, this would be so much user friendly then the current system

~tertaim
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm not with you purely because you made this a poll. Seriously? What happened to just good old discussion, why do we need to raise our hand and vote on everything?

Also - this has already been discussed before. Search is a bit boned at the moment, so fair enough, but there has been a long discussion over how foundations should work with multiple different theories.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

No. Just keeping adding new features and I'll be a happy chappy.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Discussion's are alright with me, I know there is another poll but I wanted to bring this more under the attention because this could be done so much better. I hate to tell my friends that they shouldn't place constructions because it aint working right.
Saranis
level2
level2

Postby Saranis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Sure I'd like this to be in the next alpha, just as I'd like EVERY future feature to be in the next alpha...

Realistically something this small shouldn't be the main focus of a patch, just as this update to the fog of war shouldn't have been labeled 4.0, its not adding anything, just fixing something implemented in the previous patch.

If they include some larger element to the game alongside this suggestion I'm all for it.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 pm

I completely agree, that's why I call it 3.2 :D
Fx1
level0

Postby Fx1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

To be honest. The price of this Alpha and the slow release of updates isnt great.

Whilst the game is kind of playable i would expect more things to be fixed and more features added at a faster rate.

The price of this Alpha is about 3-5x what it should have been given the slow development.
Gramredhel
level0

Postby Gramredhel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 pm

If you paid any attention the the video before purchasing the Alpha they did warn that it was an introrversion game and it would be slow and would stay in Alpha for a long time. Yet you still bought it so it is simply your own fault for not paying attention they are being perfectly honest and hey this isn't the largest of gaming studios they could be going much much slower for their size
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 pm

I'd be willing to bet that they weren't expecting this level of interest in the game, so the pricing is fair if they were looking more at getting $x in order to push this through to the end of development, rather than the point of view that "we're totally going to rake it in".

As it is, they've had a lot more interest than anticipated. Could they have priced it lower? sure. But then again, it's been stated many times that it's priced to ward off casual gamers who don't understand what it is to be in an alpha, and would just complain that they've not immediately got what they paid for.

Alternatively, you might argue that this thread was supposed to be about something else entirely.
Fx1
level0

Postby Fx1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Gramredhel wrote:If you paid any attention the the video before purchasing the Alpha they did warn that it was an introrversion game and it would be slow and would stay in Alpha for a long time. Yet you still bought it so it is simply your own fault for not paying attention they are being perfectly honest and hey this isn't the largest of gaming studios they could be going much much slower for their size

i paid attention to the video but slow is relative.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 am

The price of this Alpha is about 3-5x what it should have been given the slow development.

Okay, for the last goddamn time: you didn't pay $30 for the alpha. You paid $30 for the finished game. In the meantime you get access to the alpha.

If you don't like the alpha, then stop playing it. Wait until they release the final game, then you'll have value for money.
RandomRabbit
level0

Re: Alpha 3.2?

Postby RandomRabbit » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 am

tertaim wrote:hello, I think I wont speak alone if I request the next 'alpha' to finally let us make and destroy foundations, upgrading a prison can be a real pain the ass.

I suggest the foundation tool only places the foundation so that the player places the walls himself, this would be so much user friendly then the current system

~tertaim

You can remove foundations tho. The remove foundation tool (located next to place foundation). Once it's built (door placed) you can remove it, returning it to "outdoors".
Fx1
level0

Postby Fx1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am

paktsardines wrote:

Okay, for the last goddamn time: you didn't pay $30 for the alpha. You paid $30 for the finished game. In the meantime you get access to the alpha.

If you don't like the alpha, then stop playing it. Wait until they release the final game, then you'll have value for money.

Say what you want but the minecraft model was better executed by Mojang.

Paying $30 upfront for a game gives a level of expectation from the people stumping up the cash.

Alpha 4 dropped today so i guess someone is listening.

If im not happy with the development time and improvement in the game then ill just get Visa to chargeback my money. Can do it any time in first 6 months.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 pm

So, rather than waiting for them to make the game the best it can be, you'd rather hold them hostage, threaten to pull your cash unless your opinions and time lines are met?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're an idiot. You knew you were getting an incomplete game.

I'll remind you that minecraft was in development for years.

Oh, and I can guarantee that the alpha 4 release was coincidental. As important as you are, they were not capitulating to your demands.
Last edited by paktsardines on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tertaim
level3
level3

Re: Alpha 3.2?

Postby tertaim » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:33 pm

RandomRabbit wrote:
tertaim wrote:hello, I think I wont speak alone if I request the next 'alpha' to finally let us make and destroy foundations, upgrading a prison can be a real pain the ass.

~tertaim

You can remove foundations tho. The remove foundation tool (located next to place foundation). Once it's built (door placed) you can remove it, returning it to "outdoors".

Its still a pain ant wont work if you want to upgrade your current room by 1x10 for example

~tertaim

Return to “Community Members”