Alarm System

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

linkrhiblg0r
level1
level1

Alarm System

Postby linkrhiblg0r » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm

how about some alarm system where a guard sounds the alarm and all doors in his sector lock down and backup comes to his location or something like that...
Frede1012
level1
level1

Re: Alarm System

Postby Frede1012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

linkrhiblg0r wrote:how about some alarm system where a guard sounds the alarm and all doors in his sector lock down and backup comes to his location or something like that...

Might already be suggested, but can't search lol..
Anyway, good idea!
linkrhiblg0r
level1
level1

Postby linkrhiblg0r » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm

aye, tried to search too...

so i thought i just bring it up ;-)
Piemanno
level1
level1

Postby Piemanno » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:43 pm

My goodness, I'm glad someone thought of that!
In some of my prisons I specifically design them for maximum riots/fights. Whenever there is one I have to select guards and tell them to go to the area (I am using Deployment, I was referring to guards in other parts of the prison)
it would make so much sense for there to be an "Alarm!" button which when pressed by a guard activates lock down and summons a large percentage of guards to that area.
It would probably need some fine tuning such as; leave at least two guards in each cell block. I'm sure people would gladly give feedback on slight changes such as those.

Piemanno

P.s It would be great to see zones implemented side by side with this, they would fit together so well.
linkrhiblg0r
level1
level1

Postby linkrhiblg0r » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm

of course introversions style

manually wire everything etc...
Gemberkoekje
level1
level1

Postby Gemberkoekje » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm

I would like a third 'utilities' tab for this.

Something akin to signal wires:

You connect doors and alert systems (Flashing lights, alert messages, that sort of stuff) to buttons or switches which you put where you need them.

If a guard feels threathened, he can activate this system, which automatically locks any doors connected, and activates the alert systems.

The alert systems will send any guard near the system towards the origin area.

Drawbacks would be that a guard needs to get to the button to activate it, and the wires should be damagable: Imagine the frustration when you press an alert button and nothing happens~!

Return to “Community Members”