A question for the Lua lovers

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

paktsardines
level5
level5

A question for the Lua lovers

Postby paktsardines » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 am

I'm have a bit of an idea for a grant mod to add some functionality that's not available yet, but which will likely available in the future.

The problem I'm having is that I'd like a grant to be rewarded automatically when n days have passed (or similar interval that scales with the game speed).

I know how to set objectives for grants that depend on rooms, objects, staff. Does anyone know how to set an objective based on a timer elapsing?

Grateful for any advice.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 am

Ahhh now this would actually be quite cool. Not sure if it's possible to do yet but I can see it adding a lot to the game.
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 am

Hmm, this isn't a general lua question. It'd need to be some sort of function telling the in-game time, if you wanted it not to be extremely hacky.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am

Causeless wrote:Hmm, this isn't a general lua question. It'd need to be some sort of function telling the in-game time, if you wanted it not to be extremely hacky.

Fair enough, but this would be a great addition to the Lua side of things. Right now you can have a grant pay up when you start it and/or when you complete it. Having it pay up after X hours would be cool too.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33 am

Hmm, this isn't a general lua question. It'd need to be some sort of function telling the in-game time, if you wanted it not to be extremely hacky.

Exactly. I could just use some sort of lua timer fuction, but then it wouldn't scale with game speed.

And just to clarify, instead of 'n days from now' I should have said 'at the start of the nth day from now', so that the grant is obtained along with the daily cash intake.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Ah, I see there's TimeIndex and TimeScale properties saved in a .prison file. I'm guessing TimeIndex is intervals (seconds?) elapsed since time 0.

Any idea how I'd use lua to access its value? Something like: now_time=Game.TimeIndex ?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:37 pm

There's no example of any such thing being used in the existing scripts so your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Return to “Community Members”