Killzones

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

thepope229
level0

Killzones

Postby thepope229 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 am

Going off the guard tower idea that everyone has had it would be amazing if you could target a area as a "killzone" a place where the snipers in the tower will shoot and kill any prisoner that comes in the radius. This would be very effective for when people build double fences with a gap in the middle around the prison. Because then you could designate that as the "killzone" and if someone tried to escape and ran past a tower...*BOOM*

Just an idea :D
Playergamer
level0

Re: Killzones

Postby Playergamer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 am

thepope229 wrote:Going off the guard tower idea that everyone has had it would be amazing if you could target a area as a "killzone" a place where the snipers in the tower will shoot and kill any prisoner that comes in the radius. This would be very effective for when people build double fences with a gap in the middle around the prison. Because then you could designate that as the "killzone" and if someone tried to escape and ran past a tower...*BOOM*

Just an idea :D

Already been posted, with more depth and specific types of zones. Search before you post.
Saranis
level2
level2

Postby Saranis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 am

Or you could just add guards at the entrance to the zone and prevent prisoners from even entering it. This idea seems less about preventing escapes and more about satisfying your need to kill people in a game.
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 am

shoot the leg then.....

shoot to wound not kill..
Saranis
level2
level2

Postby Saranis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:20 pm

frasercarter wrote:shoot the leg then.....

shoot to wound not kill..

then it wouldnt be a "kill"zone :P
largestherb
level1
level1

Postby largestherb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm

my god, shoot them? we're being paid to water and feed these people, keeping them safe and healthy.

remind me not to let you look after my pets when i go on holiday
thepope229
level0

Postby thepope229 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:17 am

you guys who are arguing realize in real life there are killzones or shoot zones in prison.
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:39 am

Find me a British prison where that is true.
phees
level1
level1

Postby phees » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:19 am

Tear gas would be OK, but I would not like to see shooting in the game.
thepope229
level0

Postby thepope229 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:53 am

idk about prison in for the british im a american i live in america, im thinking this over and i believe that rubber bullets or something would be better instead of killing. But yea you know you guys get pissy when there is a killzone but the electric for deathrow inmates nope thats not bad at all. hypocrites.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:38 am

I think there should be lethal weaponary but shoot to kill zones are a bit far, generally speaking they'd just call the police and have them brought back in. If you're going to add lethal force make it something for riot gaurds to use when all else fails.
thepope229
level0

Postby thepope229 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 am

i agree about killing that may be a bit too harsh however there should be a way to use rubber bullets to effectively knock out a prisoner when all else fails. What i think is funny is you watch people stab each other in the game there is blood, there is a morgue, a electric chair. HOWEVER people still get pissy when the idea of someone being killed because all else fails is just too horrible for the game.
Nibbles
level1
level1

Re: Killzones

Postby Nibbles » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 am

thepope229 wrote:Going off the guard tower idea that everyone has had it would be amazing if you could target a area as a "killzone" a place where the snipers in the tower will shoot and kill any prisoner that comes in the radius.
and any staff or guards as well.

Those kill zones are dangerous :D
beekay
level0

Postby beekay » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:13 pm

thepope229 wrote:idk about prison in for the british im a american i live in america, im thinking this over and i believe that rubber bullets or something would be better instead of killing. But yea you know you guys get pissy when there is a killzone but the electric for deathrow inmates nope thats not bad at all. hypocrites.

The British are internationally famous for their love of the death penalty, so yes, absolutely right that they're hypocrites. On the nose.

That said, I'd prefer the game to be about the attempted management of an unruly and frequently violent population - not Joe Arpaio's Scumbag Killer Simulator. There should at least be a nod toward civilisation. There's neither fun nor challenge nor taste in the game if we're just going to shoot people dead when they do something unauthorised. Might as well go the whole way and allow locking everyone in a solitary cell forever with crumbs kicked under the door occasionally.
csaftoiu
level1
level1

Postby csaftoiu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

beekay wrote:Might as well go the whole way and allow locking everyone in a solitary cell forever with crumbs kicked under the door occasionally.

Brilliant! That would require minimal real-estate, minimal staff, minimal cooking, minimal costs, and would result in the intended punishment... why don't we just do that?

Return to “Community Members”