Showers and pathfinding

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Morr
level1
level1

Showers and pathfinding

Postby Morr » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Uh yeah. I have my prisoners taking some long-ass trips to the showers, sometimes missing the showertime due to being late. Sometimes moving in weird ways in general.

Here's a screenshot of my prison, with the red arrow showing a path I noticed a prisoner take.

How exactly do they choose which shower to go to? Is there a way to help them along?
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:30 pm

They usually take the shortest route (to pathfind, not by actual distance). No idea why this is happening, but it should be fixed by the time we get zoning, which will hopefully be soon.
Daixiwen
level1
level1

Postby Daixiwen » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:39 am

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=32
The prisoners usually go to the closest facility, except when they have high needs to use it. In this case they seem to go to a random facility. This was the case with Alpha 1 and AFAIK they haven't modified the pathfinding code yet. This will probably change when will be able to design several blocks/wings in the prison and assign prisoners to a specific block.

Return to “Community Members”