CCTV Monitor Configurations

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:16 am

There might be a limit to how many you can stack. They take so long to deploy, and you can only build one when they've finished all previous builds, it just takes too long to bother with. I got to about 3 and then gave up.
RandomRabbit
level0

Postby RandomRabbit » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:35 am

Does the way you set the patrol path matter? Gaps in it used to see them run rather then walk so by just having corners you could cover more ground? (yet to try alpha 3, so don't know if it would work)
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 am

RandomRabbit wrote:Does the way you set the patrol path matter? Gaps in it used to see them run rather then walk so by just having corners you could cover more ground? (yet to try alpha 3, so don't know if it would work)

A single guard will only cover one patrol route in a room. A second guard will cover the second and so on. But you're right - they do sprint back if you move them away from their route. I think the unions might strike if I forced my prison guards to sprint all day though :P
roadrage
level1
level1

Postby roadrage » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:15 am

I think I may have about maxed it out for one layer. 177

Yes, it takes that power station and that many capacitors to run it. :shock:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:53 am

You could do more. Guards can walk through CCTV monitors.
ikiwic
level0

Postby ikiwic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:54 pm

My CCTV cameras have a red ! On them saying I need to build more CCtv Monitors? I have 3 moniters and only 3 cameras? I bought the extra moniters trying to fix the problem btw..

Help?
lukiono
level1
level1

Postby lukiono » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 pm

CCTV has only the function to see trough FOW atm, i think. Without the FOW CCTV & Monitors has no function. But im not sure about this fact
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 pm

ikiwic wrote:My CCTV cameras have a red ! On them saying I need to build more CCtv Monitors? I have 3 moniters and only 3 cameras? I bought the extra moniters trying to fix the problem btw..

Help?

Is there a guard stationed at the monitors? otherwise the monitors won't turn on, thus the cameras won't work.
Krall
level1
level1

Postby Krall » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:10 am

koshensky wrote:
ikiwic wrote:My CCTV cameras have a red ! On them saying I need to build more CCtv Monitors? I have 3 moniters and only 3 cameras? I bought the extra moniters trying to fix the problem btw..

Help?

Is there a guard stationed at the monitors? otherwise the monitors won't turn on, thus the cameras won't work.

I have the same problem, but with a guard stationed.

Fog of War is off so lukiono may be right, you need that on to get the CCTVs to work...

Return to “Community Members”