Reddit IAmA / AmA Prison Guard at maximum security prison

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

UsF
level1
level1

Reddit IAmA / AmA Prison Guard at maximum security prison

Postby UsF » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:35 pm

I think this could give some great insight into the workings of maximum security prisons.
Beware this is NSFW text content, very disturbing material.

"IamA Prison Guard at a maximum security prison, AmA, though you may not like what you hear."
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1 ... ty_prison/

I kept this out of general discussion and public view and put it here into the developers section, so it can be reviewed and deleted if necessary, without causing an uproar.
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:31 pm

A very good read actually.

One quote I think could be applied here is "The inmates maintain the prison entirely. Some get outside clearances to work around the jail, like cutting the grass, painting, shoveling in winter, etc.". Cmon, lemme make my prisoners do everything for candies :3
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 pm

I agree - nice find!

I was especially surprised to see that one Marlborough would provide you with "sexual service" for 3 days. We all know that trading goes on, but that seems an exceptionally high price for a single cigarette (unless the brand makes that big a difference).
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 am

Quality read. We're going to be experts on prisons by the time this game comes out! :lol:
furrot
level1
level1

Postby furrot » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

Q: If you could change one thing about how the prison you are at is run what would it be?

A: I wouldn't want to walk the cell block openly while the inmates are out.

Chilling.

Return to “Community Members”