Homosexuality?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Homosexuality?

Postby HowPeculiars » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Hey IV,

Are you going to address genuine homosexuality in PA?

It happens a lot in nature and stuff.
Adico
level1
level1

Postby Adico » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 pm

i think the main rule of PA is "is it a good mechanic or at the very least an interesting one? if not, then no"

i don't really see Homoxesual prisoners being a big mechanic nor an interesting one, what effect on the whole prison would this people have? what is so different about Homosexual than any other prisoner?
Jack5500
level2
level2

Postby Jack5500 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Is it needed?
Is it needed that this game get M-Rated?
Is it needed that this game will be known as the Sim-game where the prisoners rape each other?
Is it?
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Adico wrote:i think the main rule of PA is "is it a good mechanic or at the very least an interesting one? if not, then no"

i don't really see Homoxesual prisoners being a big mechanic nor an interesting one, what effect on the whole prison would this people have? what is so different about Homosexual than any other prisoner?

Nothing - but it should be acknowledged.
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Jack5500 wrote:Is it needed?
Is it needed that this game will be known as the Sim-game where the prisoners rape each other?
Is it?

Common idiot.
Adico
level1
level1

Postby Adico » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:27 pm

HowPeculiars wrote:
Adico wrote:i think the main rule of PA is "is it a good mechanic or at the very least an interesting one? if not, then no"

yeah but, is just a gimmicky, i don't see why it should be on the game.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:28 pm

If you're going to make another new suggestion thread please take the time to flesh out your idea and present a case for it in a reasonable manner.

Thanks.
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm

ronanc wrote:If you're going to make another new suggestion thread please take the time to flesh out your idea and present a case for it in a reasonable manner.

Thanks.

I'm heavily intoxicated from last night....
Adico
level1
level1

Postby Adico » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 pm

HowPeculiars wrote:
ronanc wrote:If you're going to make another new suggestion thread please take the time to flesh out your idea and present a case for it in a reasonable manner.

Thanks.

I'm heavily intoxicated from last night....

i see... now i understand your profile pic. hehe
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:34 pm

delete trhis particular thread, I am fucked.
largestherb
level1
level1

Postby largestherb » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm

HowPeculiars wrote:

how about this as a compromise:

you pick a prisoner at random. he is now gay. repeat until you are happy with how many homosexual prisoners you have.

if you need to expand on this, well. when he is using the phone to call his family, he can be calling his boyfriend/lover/husband/partner/whatever.

imagination is awesome
KingBacon
level0

Postby KingBacon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Well from a more serious position, homosexuality could be made into an invisible trait which could play a role in clique/gang formation.

Though maybe I've been watching too much Super Jail!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm

There are a million traits that can influence how prisoners behave---sexuality, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, education, mental illness, &c. All of these are basically invisible to one degree or another, and all of them could, theoretically, be added to a game. From a development standpoint, the question should be "How does inclusion of [X] make the game better?" So, how does addressing the existence of homosexuality make Prison Architect better? How would it be addressed in the game? What ramifications would it have for gameplay? Why should homosexuality be addressed over other possible traits?

xander
Jack5500
level2
level2

Postby Jack5500 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm

HowPeculiars wrote:
Jack5500 wrote:Is it needed?
Is it?

Common idiot.

haha. I'm not the one posting random bs while drunk :D
crummett
level2
level2

Postby crummett » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:08 pm

i wouldnt have thought it would make a big enough game play difference to make it worth it.

Homosexuality happens everywhere in life, but it's not lobbed into every game that's made. It would tread a fine line between ok and offensive too. How would you show that they are gay? What would they do differently? What % of prisoners would be gay?

Return to “Community Members”