Give access to the Dev Tools

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Give access to the Dev Tools

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 88
TampaPowers
level0

Postby TampaPowers » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:54 am

Faracus wrote:I didn't say we where not here for bug testing, I know thats what we are here for, but as for what the devs have already said, they will not be so focused on bug fixes during the Alpha phases, but more focused on releasing new content.

Which, in my opinion, does not make sense. I pointed out somewhere else, that as dev one should aim for a stable completely functioning version and then add content. As far as i see the Alphas were buggy as hell and adding content to it, will just lengthen the bug list by a increasing factor. What use is in loads of content, if you cant use it properly.

Back on topic, I would really want the dev tools to be able to debug my prisons and recreate the situations that create bugs. The more ways we have to determine the bug the more easily it can be squished. I mean i dont tell my doctor "I feel sick" and just leave it at that, that is not going to make his job easier and my life better.
Warbird
level1
level1

Postby Warbird » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 am

I think that a dev console would be wonderful for modding the game. It would be much easier to test conditons that way. I can appreciate why some people are concerned about that effecting (affecting?) bug reporting, but it's my opinion that those that were already reporting bugs will continue to do so and the ones just here to play will do just that. The status quo remains the same.

Return to “Community Members”