Name in Game Alpha

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Name in Game Alpha

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 pm

We've been really amazed at how well the alpha has performed and we've been in something of a mad scramble to catch up with our technology and processes to fulfil all the orders.

Originally we thought that a google group would be okay to hold the name in the game data, but we've had over 1000 people sending in details and it's just not manageable.

We've decided to try to automate the process and I've just finished some scripts to do that - ultimately we're going to take the output from this and dump it straight into the game. Before we mail everyone and ask them to type in their details, I'm hoping to find a small band of intrepid alpharites happy to bug test the system for us.

What you need:

1. The email address used to order the alpha (your paypal email)
2. Your forum account and password.
3. Your name in the game prisoner info (Name, DoB, Bio)

If you run into any bugs or have any suggestions please keep them in this thread. Please try to avoid duplicate bug reports.

Finally we've realised that we're going to have to review each and every one of these to make sure that they are not hugely offensive, so I've included some functionality for that.

Go forth and test......

Name in the Game Script

EDIT DEC 2012.

So I've found an issue that caused use of double quotations (") would cause all data to the right to be lost. This should be fixed now, but please double check your entry to ensure that the entry is complete and resubmit if it isn't.
Last edited by Mark on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm getting this error message Mark:

Tried it a few times and am sure my details are correct. I paid for the $50 Name in the Game pack.

I'm using Chrome version 22.0.1229.94 on a 10.6.8 Mac.

Update - same error in Firefox and Safari.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:48 pm

I was too cheap to get the 'name in the game' package, but I can confirm that the user/pass and email combination successfully work and don't work when they're supposed to.

With various combinations of incorrect user data (wrong username, no username, no password) the following combinations, this message is given: "Error in obtaining userdata (1)"

When entering the incorrect password, you get a more user friendly message: Error: We could not verify your forum account! Password mismatch or you have not verified email address within the forum.

No email (or invalid email): "does not look like an email address - did you make a mistake?"

When everything is acceptable, I get the correct error for my lack of access. "We could not confirm your order. Perhaps you did not use the email used to order the game (your paypal email) or perhaps you have not bought the qualifying tier?"

The only field that is required from the prisoner details is the prisoner DOB, which has simple number error checking (are all 8 digits actually numbers - else error out). It's worth noting that it doesn't check for real dates, (11118877 is a valid entry). I can understand that you might want a REALLY old inmate for humours sakes, (oh hey, it's Merlin...) but having valid months and days would be worthwhile.

I also put a variety of offensive and insulting words that you wouldn't want your kids to see, or use in polite conversation - but they weren't flagged as inappropriate. Presumably it either doesn't check this at all, or it does it later in the process after it successfully logs me in.

However, that's about as far as I can go for testing. Hope it helps.

--edit--

I was a dumbass and got some of the errors the wrong way round, so the edit fixed that.
Last edited by koshensky on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo666
level1
level1

Postby Lorenzo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 pm

I got the same error as ronanc and am kinda miffed about the low character limit on the Prisoner Bio.

But hey, I guess I've got enough space to tell them his Mother was a drunk, his father a gambler and he made a good Don.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:01 pm

ronanc wrote:I'm getting this error message Mark:

<Didn't pay for it error image>
Same experience here, having bought the Physical Pleasures tier. Seems to block testing whatever functionality against offensive bios happens to exist. That or just saying "Fuck" 13 times is OK.
DocWat232
level1
level1

Postby DocWat232 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes, it's not working for me either.
Ischy1982
level0

Postby Ischy1982 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 pm

ronanc wrote:I'm getting this error message Mark:

Tried it a few times and am sure my details are correct. I paid for the $50 Name in the Game pack.

I'm using Chrome version 22.0.1229.94 on a 10.6.8 Mac.

Update - same error in Firefox and Safari.

I have the same problem (but i dont think, that it has something to do with the pc or browser, maybe there is a bug in the check from the tier.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Ischy1982 wrote:... i dont think, that it has something to do with the pc or browser...

Ya but I just figured I'd go the extra mile. That's just the kind of stand up guy I am 8)
Causeless
level2
level2

Re: Name in Game Alpha

Postby Causeless » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm getting the could not confirm message, on chrome.

I'm using the same email address as the paypal, and got the Name in Game pack.
UKBenz
level1
level1

Postby UKBenz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Just attempted it and got the same error as some of these guys:-

We could not confirm your order. Perhaps you did not use the email used to order the game (your paypal email) or perhaps you have not bought the qualifying tier?

Please try again or contact support@introversion.co.uk for support.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 am

Mark wrote:Please try to avoid duplicate bug reports.

Before we get another 20 people saying the same thing, can we keep this in mind. It's evidently a universal issue, give them time to fix it :)
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:20 am

I think this is a universal issue so can we give them time to fix it? No need for 20 people coming in saying the same thing. :)
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 am

ronanc wrote:I think this is a universal issue so can we give them time to fix it? No need for 20 people coming in saying the same thing. :)

If only someone could have said something this wise sooner. :roll:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 am

Someone really ought to have pointed that out prior.
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 am

What about the duplicates of reminders about not posting duplicates? :3

On another note, those who paid for the shake it like a polaroid tier, should we do this as well, or wait until we properly design the scenario?

Return to “Community Members”