School mod

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Would you actually play this?

Yes
44%
No
41%
Don't care
15%

Total votes: 80
christopher1006
level5
level5

School mod

Postby christopher1006 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 pm

I was in school when I got the idea, not much to do so was just drawing. I started thinking about mods and realised that it could be interesting gameplay to have instead of a prison perhaps a school. Generally speaking you don't need to worry about students escaping depending on the school you run. It would be more focused on student psychology. I'll get to that later, how it would work alot of it is already in place; offices for teachers and other staff, holding cells could be where students wait in the morning before classes start, cells made to have bigger dimensions could become classrooms. Medical ward is the nurses office, I'm hoping you don't require a morgue, exercise yard and shower room for athletics, canteen and kitchen for meals, staff would be changed around a bit. Workers would be hired from a company, basically you draw the dimensions of what you want and they'll tell you what it costs total including time to build. Gaurds could be teachers with the warden the principle, might as well keep the laywer you never know. The rest of the staff I can think of should be fine as they are. You could control school activities, should you focus on acedmics or would your students overall do better as a school for athletes. What kind of school are you? Primary or College? Choose your school colors and mascot. Back to student pyschology you watch your students, make sure they feel they can learn and are in the right enviornment or one day you could have several on a gun rampage. This is pretty much a joke but I thought it would be interesting to see what the overall consensus was on this.
Ekul
level1
level1

Postby Ekul » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:08 am

nice idea but i would want to sick with the prison
Olliecus
level0

Postby Olliecus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 am

Sounds like a cool idea, but one big problem!

Prison Architect is only in Alpha, therefore very unlikely to see those kinds of mods when the core elements of the game aren't ready yet.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am

School Architect? No
Prison Architect with educational facilities to rehabilitate prisoners? Oh god yes.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Illanair wrote:School Architect? No
Prison Architect with educational facilities to rehabilitate prisoners? Oh god yes.

+1
Frede1012
level1
level1

Postby Frede1012 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm

ronanc wrote:

+1

+2
kongoman
level2
level2

Postby kongoman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Frede1012 wrote:
ronanc wrote:

+1

+2

+3
Faracus
level2
level2

Postby Faracus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:08 pm

I love the idea of rehabilitation. The more facilities you offer the more likely they can be put back out in to civilian life, but there will always be some who don't make the change.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 am

For the comment about alpha, this wasn't meant for that. I meant when the game finished it could be an interesting mod not right now when the game is changing so much. I just want to see teachers with rulers taking down fifty students for not shutting up.
Lewis
level1
level1

Postby Lewis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:14 am

christopher1006 wrote:For the comment about alpha, this wasn't meant for that. I meant when the game finished it could be an interesting mod not right now when the game is changing so much. I just want to see teachers with rulers taking down fifty students for not shutting up.

Mention it after alpha then, your suggestion is not going to see the light of day until after core mechanics/gameplay is developed.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Regardless of alpha or modding, I think the overall playability of the game would get old pretty sharpish. You'd look at it, think "lol school" and then realise that you were actually still playing PA, and had wasted hours just reskinning it.

I did the same thing when I tried to put my PS2 into a remote control car. It looked cool for about 10 minutes, and then I realised I'd just put a remote control car chassis over the top of my PS2 hardware. It didn't even drive around, cause I'd taken that bit out...
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Ehhh.. that's not what they mean by mobile gaming koshensky! :lol:
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 am

There's a reason I'd prefer it as a mod for one as I really would hate to see them divert any resources to making versions of the game when they've barely started working on the vanilla and second is that I don't care that we're in alpha. Why not think about later on instead of repeating the same ideas about how everything has to be realistic? That's the fun of games, it dosn't matter what you do to them as long as they're interesting and unique, or at least interesting and something you'll remember.
Saranis
level2
level2

Postby Saranis » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:07 pm

I wouldn't play it but I'm all for people making mods of the game. Just a reskin/rename job is another story though, it doesn't show any creativity apart from the texture work.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Who says all great mods are simply because they're complete overauls? Sometimes all that's really needed is to keep the gameplay but change the look to view it from a different perspective.

Return to “Community Members”