[Suggestion] Dormitories

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Lorenzo666
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Dormitories

Postby Lorenzo666 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:49 pm

So, from what I know, in Prisons for adolescents and low security prisons, the Prisoners don't have individual cells, instead they bunk in Dormitories.

This could be a replacement or version of the Holding Cell to allow better use of space for housing low security prisoners.

So the space would have to be a minimum of perhaps, 6x6 and have 4 beds and a locker each (A locker could be perhaps 1x1 for a Standing locker and 2x1 for a Foot locker?). So each prisoner has their own personal bed and locker. It could also function as a sort of Common room, with maybe a TV and chairs in one corner.

A dormitory should be able to house the same numbers of prisoners as Beds and Lockers, so if you really wanted, you could have a large 20x15 building to house a large number of Prisoners, but those who are medium/high or Death Row classification would not be suited to this as they would regularly cause fights and vandalize the lockers of others.

Thoughts?
Nibbles
level1
level1

Postby Nibbles » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:43 am

Sounds interesting +1
LittleOsmit
level0

Postby LittleOsmit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:05 am

sounds like an idea, even if they just added bunk beds, then you could have 2 to a cell.
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:06 am

+1 to the double bunk idea, opens up the possibility of a night time shank if they managed to smuggle one out, raising the importance of nightly patrols.
Saranis
level2
level2

Postby Saranis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:21 am

I dreamed that there were bunk beds in this game... and then I spent like 10 minutes today looking for them in the objects menu.

Return to “Community Members”