[Suggestion] Increase need reduction rates on activities

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

gsuberland
level2
level2

[Suggestion] Increase need reduction rates on activities

Postby gsuberland » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 am

When using large prisons (100+ prisoners), the travel time between activities for prisoners often takes up to 40 minutes. This makes it very difficult to keep the prisoners happy, because by the time they get to the activity they only have ~15 minutes to actually do it. So I'm having to allocate 2 hours for everything, and even then there are cases where prisoners don't clear their need bar. It's getting difficult to manage. As such, I think we should increase the need reduction rate.
In prison, you get your own toilet. At work, you have to share.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am

IMO this is all part of the game, planning so that the necessary activities are easy to get too, using fast or slow pathing along with the layout and the regime is where the challenge in the game is.

With the exception of multiple canteens which aren't working at the moment.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:23 am

Hessen wrote:With the exception of multiple canteens which aren't working at the moment.

Canteens aren't so much of a problem. The distance to my yard is pretty low, but they've got to move from one end of the actual cell area. The problem is that they get up to a high level of exercise and family needs, and have to do both in the yard at the same time. As such, they can only clear one, which means they constantly get annoyed.
Guvnor
level2
level2

Postby Guvnor » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:36 am

Gsuberland,

I think you will find this bug report enlightening... http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=104 The implementation of 'game speed' is technically glitched. Actors don't get enough CPU attention on faster speeds. In my experience, on medium speed or faster, some prisoners take forever to get to the canteen and then once they do, they sometimes linger about near the tables before heading to grab a tray.

Guvnor
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 am

That may well be the case. I tend to run it on the fastest speed.
gsuberland
level2
level2

Postby gsuberland » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 am

Yup, dropping it down to slow seems to make them move smoothly and (seemingly) more efficiently.

Return to “Community Members”