Current Suggestions Compilation List

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Heartwork79
level0

Re: Current Suggestions Compilation List

Postby Heartwork79 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Not only gardeners/janitors should have fixed work zones, but also cooks. For example: I have built separate prison blocks for my minimum security and medium security prisoners (min sec on left, med sec on right side of the road). That means, I have two kitchens and canteens. There's no way to prevent my cooks in the left prison block from storing the cooked meals on the serving tables in my right prison block which means that my prisoners in the left block are not getting food and the prisoners in my right block receive double rations. A simple deployment system for cooks like you did with guards should fix that, so that you can assign your cooks to specific kitchens and canteens.

UPDATE: It's working now. Cooks stay in the kitchen where they are ordered to do. Sorry, my bad. The problem only existed BEFORE I opened the prison block on the right side. Now everything runs fine.
hhaddow
level0

Postby hhaddow » Sat May 10, 2014 10:43 am

how about "useful clone tool", one that can copy a cell block/canteen/shower room rather than one cell at a time
WarpedPerspectiv
level1
level1

Postby WarpedPerspectiv » Sun May 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Can we NOT add the possibility of rape to the game? It bothers me that the suggestion was even put under the list as a possibility.
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Postby WISD0MTREE » Sat May 17, 2014 6:08 pm

WarpedPerspectiv wrote:Can we NOT add the possibility of rape to the game? It bothers me that the suggestion was even put under the list as a possibility.

I would imagine that the devs. won't put it in the game, so it isn't rated M (or that PAGI 18 thing)
metrunui
level0

Postby metrunui » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:39 am

Dunno if it's been suggested but why not have training for the personnel, specifically the guards? This would make them move faster, take more time before getting tired, search quicker. Small things that would lead to a greater efficiency of the prison as a whole.

-Base Outline-
> Unlock "Staff Training" through Bureaucracy
> Schedule Training Course for Staff (Uses Classroom and Security Chief)
> After -x- many courses they get a new minor skill (Part of me wants to add fail chance, like with prisoners)

This makes the Staff members who have passed this have a higher wage (cause paying trained workers is important) but you get a small benefit out of it.
SeabeeChief
level0

Postby SeabeeChief » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Would like the ability to destroy a room or reclassify(rename) it so that the prison grows buildings can be redisgnated or changed to do different things.

I.E., as prison grows original offices become classrooms, and so on.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 pm

SeabeeChief wrote:Would like the ability to destroy a room or reclassify(rename) it so that the prison grows buildings can be redisgnated or changed to do different things.

I.E., as prison grows original offices become classrooms, and so on.

You can already do this. Go into the rooms menu and hold down the right mouse button over one of your rooms. Drag the mouse to create a selection box that will remove the rooms you select.

If you have further questions, please use the search button on the top of the page to see if someone already asked it. Otherwise, please make a new topic instead of posting in this one.
Somrik
level0

Postby Somrik » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:54 am

metrunui wrote:Dunno if it's been suggested but why not have training for the personnel, specifically the guards? This would make them move faster, take more time before getting tired, search quicker. Small things that would lead to a greater efficiency of the prison as a whole.

-Base Outline-
> Unlock "Staff Training" through Bureaucracy
> Schedule Training Course for Staff (Uses Classroom and Security Chief)
> After -x- many courses they get a new minor skill (Part of me wants to add fail chance, like with prisoners)

This makes the Staff members who have passed this have a higher wage (cause paying trained workers is important) but you get a small benefit out of it.

Have them earn proficiency as they do their job as well. After all you naturally get better at your job the longer you do it. They still get the pay raise(performance reviews)

But if you want to get better quickly with a sacrifice to time and manpower(since your taking them off the beat to sit in class) than set up classes to teach best practices.

I wouldnt have them fail, I'd have them just not gain as big of an skill increase as they otherwise would and/or slight happiness dip if that ever gets implemented. (staff happiness i mean)

As for suggestions...

Alphabetize items to make it easier to find.

Tab the objects as well. Like Security tab has metal dectectors, jail doors, cctv/monitors and such. Food tab has Serving tables, tables, benches, cookers, fridges, sinks.

Stuff like that. Right now I have to zoom in on my security room to get detectors to show up in my objects list. Its a bit of an annoyance.

Suggestions I didnt see:

At 1AM, guards should check for eligible cells, then check the holding cells to see if there are qualifying prisoners. They will then automatically assign guards to move such prisoners to their new cells.

Context:

Cant count how many times I've had say... I've had prisoner intake turned on only to realize I dont have enough cells.

So I turn it off.

Build more cells, get em all valid.

And wonder why my danger level is rising consistently.

I wait until Sleep time, and look at the new Cells.

All empty.

Look at the Holding Cell, JAM. PACKED.

Why?

Because at time of intake, there were no empty cells, so the guards just left them in the holding cells.

So my suggestion is that we should have the guards automatically do this OR next to free fire, lockdown, shakedown and bangup we should have a Transfer Prisoners button, this tells all free guards(not on station, nor on patrol) to head over to the Holding cell to transfer prisoners to their new cells.
repo
level0

Postby repo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:56 pm

I didn't see this in the first post roundup, and I'm not sure if its intentional design-
When the game starts, should it always go to a blank prison, instead of offering a chance to load an existing save? I'd prefer to start at a menu that offers options (instead of having to hit Esc and then load, choose file)
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:10 am

repo wrote:I didn't see this in the first post roundup, and I'm not sure if its intentional design-
When the game starts, should it always go to a blank prison, instead of offering a chance to load an existing save? I'd prefer to start at a menu that offers options (instead of having to hit Esc and then load, choose file)

It'll be added later in development.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:01 am

repo wrote:I didn't see this in the first post roundup, and I'm not sure if its intentional design-

They once tried to make the game auto-load the latest save on startup, which unfortunately caused it to crash on many systems, making it unplayable. However, the bug that caused this crash (no non-english letters allowed in the windows username) has been adressed in the latest version, so we might see this feature come back soon.

For the time being, just open the main menu and load a game from there, it's only a couple of clicks more ;)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:26 pm

VoiD88 wrote:,,,which unfortunately caused it to crash on many systems, making it unplayable. However, the bug that caused this crash (no non-english letters allowed in the windows username) has been adressed in the latest version, so we might see this feature come back soon.

Hopefully not too soon.

xander
TreTre
level0

Postby TreTre » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I know that Basketball court and Football field have been said already, but i wanted to expand on it. There could be programs where they play whatever sport for a season. This can be against other prisons like a tournament in which the top team wins a money reward. The way you can improve your team is by hiring coaches(offensive & defensive), keeping your prisoners happy, and giving them practice time. One of the negatives to this can be that the players get faster and have a chance of out running the guards. Let me know what you think
nuno407
level0

Postby nuno407 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Could be possible to activate cloud backup (savegame files)? im using linux and windows and play in the 2 distros....this features will be awesome
Bryant_S
level0

Postby Bryant_S » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 pm

I agree with prison bar wall type, and the other doors and double wide.

Doors seems for visual impact on say a 10x10 room.

Also, maybe a fence door. Was building the yard, can since I Was just starting out, haven't got to sectors and assigning guards. Used a jail door, but then the guard has to unlock it, so I just put a regular door.

Chain link door like the road gate might be nice.

Last bigger change, and it falls under a wider view of the main view vs utilities vs an automation view. For example the cameras do not currently require wiring, and doors could have control relays that a guard could unlock from a panel. Would allow a single room to control access to parts of the prison by a guard opening and closing doors that are wired to the security console.

Watch Towers and multi-level would be awesome as well, kind like a supermax prison built underground for extremely dangerous/violent prisoners.

Return to “Community Members”