Current Suggestions Compilation List

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

JamesBr
level0

Postby JamesBr » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:21 pm

paktsardines wrote:
would add a lot more than I think your assuming

Such as?

Such as build in three dimensions? Adding walkways/catwalks; underground passages; tunnels for your pipes; hellhole basements where you keep the worst of the worst; towers of doom; hell, actually being able to stack your cells so they aren't spread out all over the place causing ridiculous walk times to get to showers/canteens.

Building everything on a single floor is not exactly realistic, by any sense of the word. If you can't find something to do with a third dimension, your not trying very hard.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:12 pm

JamesBr wrote:
paktsardines wrote:
would add a lot more than I think your assuming

Such as?

Such as build in three dimensions? Adding walkways/catwalks; underground passages; tunnels for your pipes; hellhole basements where you keep the worst of the worst; towers of doom; hell, actually being able to stack your cells so they aren't spread out all over the place causing ridiculous walk times to get to showers/canteens.

Building everything on a single floor is not exactly realistic, by any sense of the word. If you can't find something to do with a third dimension, your not trying very hard.

Yes, this. I mentioned similar ideas in another thread, but you've done it much better here. Navigate up and down levels with a couple keyboard shortcuts or an up/down icon and have the ability to set bookmarks at important spots on the map if you need them.

But as for what you can do with z-levels? That's not at all hard to think of. Pits, wells, slave labor mining, skylights, towers for both guards or prisoners, and of course, observation decks over the torture rooms or electric chair. lol
celinor1982
level0

Postby celinor1982 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:01 am

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but would be great if you had a new item in utility called "Generator Splice Box" or something like that where.

I have 2 generators set up at the north outer wall near the road, say I want to run the power cables parallel or at some point they will meet up but the splice box or splitter will actually keep the generators seperated so I can run lines around areas that would take an ungodly amount of time and money to A: dismantle move the generator II to another location. B: To drop lines that will practicly just circumvent the entire prison to get to where it needs.

Or instead of Split box, a new slightly more expensive cable called "Dual Heavy Cable" or even another version with it also called "Triple Power Line", first being 2 generators run on one cable but are split where going north on the cable sends power from the norht generator and sending the cable south sends the south generators power that way. In essence you would run one major long Dual or Triple power cable, than connect the single power lines to split them off.

Or just make it so we can have the option to bury another powerline under the current one.. not really realistic when I got 4 generators and there practically zig zagging across the entire prison to power sections, since all my generators are out front by the road along with a water pump :).
MathieuG89
level0

Postby MathieuG89 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:36 pm

My suggestions so far

MATERIALS:

Prison bar walls: Self-explanatory, a wall made of prison bars.

ROOMS:

Tattoo parlors: Give the prisoners the ability to tattoo themselves. Could eventually lead to gang affiliation.
Prison parole board: Have the last say when a prisoners is scheduled for release.
Library A source of entertainment and work.

OBJECTS:

Big service door: Similar to the big jail door, a 2 x 1 service door.

ROOMS:

CONTRABAND:

Restrict/Allow: Player has the ability to restrict and allow certain type of contraband. (e.g. cigarettes).
MathieuG89
level0

Postby MathieuG89 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:38 pm

My suggestions so far

MATERIALS:

Prison bar walls: Self-explanatory, a wall made of prison bars.

ROOMS:

Tattoo parlors: Give the prisoners the ability to tattoo themselves. Could eventually lead to gang affiliation.
Prison parole board: Have the last say when a prisoners is scheduled for release.
Library A source of entertainment and work.

OBJECTS:

ROOMS:

CONTRABAND:

Restrict/Allow: Player has the ability to restrict and allow certain type of contraband. (e.g. cigarettes).
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 pm

MathieuG89 wrote:OBJECTS:

Ohh.. Yes! 2x wide staff and regular doors.

Or at least the ability to rotate a regular door to open to the right. Currently they can only be rotated to open up/down left and a 45 (why?) angle.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:03 am

MathieuG89 wrote:Prison bar walls: Self-explanatory, a wall made of prison bars.

Oh duh! Prison bars! Love it! And I think they should affect privacy somehow.
You can alter images with a paint program, but prison bars would involve transparency. Anyone know if that can be done??

Double wide doors of other types would be awesome! What if the larger staff doors were like warehouse/garage doors?

dc4bs wrote: Currently they can only be rotated to open up/down left and a 45 (why?) angle.

I noticed that too. Are they planning on making angled walls? :shock:
MathieuG89
level0

Postby MathieuG89 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 pm

More suggestions

- Digital clock in top right corner instead of the big analog clock which takes alot of space on my small laptop screen.
- Deny federal grant until prison is up and running and there's at least one prisoner to prevent fast-forwarding for money.
- Bunkbeds allowing two prisoners per cell freeing some space but also increasing tensions and discomfort.
- Quarry where prisoners could break down rocks which could in turn be used for foundations and/or brick/concrete walls.
- Cell shakedown allows player to search cells instead of everything in the prison including prisoners (unless they're in their cells)
- Automatic lights out in cell block during night when prisoners are sleeping.
- Rookie guards gain experience with time and become better at finding contraband/suppressing prisoners.
- Different weather, (e.g. on hot days prisoners would be more agitated/thunderstorm could cause power outtage.)
- Bleacher benches for the yard where prisoners can sit instead of grouping all in the middle.
- Divide the objects menu into objects/decorations and group objects that goes in the same room type together.
- Round visitation tables that takes 2x2 spaces ( The current design looks weird and takes too much space to be practical in a small prison.)
- Main prison gate (Big 1x3 or 1x4 metal gate big enough to allow a truck through.)
- Break room to allow guards to relax in between jobs and be more effective afterward.
- Jaildoor operated by a close-by terminal (Advantage: Can't be opened from stolen guard keys / Disadvantage: Automatically opens during power outtage)
- Drains needs to be connected to big pipes to work (Could eventually be a way for prisoners to escape into the sewer pipes and move to another drain.)
McEdy
level2
level2

Postby McEdy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:56 pm

PLS no digital clock! The analog one looks so sweet :)
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm

McEdy wrote:PLS no digital clock! The analog one looks so sweet :)

The option would be nice to free some space up.

I would also love to be able to set transparency for the journal. Or be able to split it up into smaller windows with transparency to have it open all the time while maintaining screen space. :)
TheGreenLing
level0

Workshop Items

Postby TheGreenLing » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 am

I noticed something last time I played a game. Workshop presses (assuming the same with saws) are initially placed/installed by workmen, however if cancelled returning them to storage is then a job for the prisoner.
Thinking in terms of an actual prison this is unrealistic as the prisoner likely would not have access to a box containing full of metal parts as well as access to the store room.
In terms of game play this is annoying as my press's will not be installed until the next day as there is no prisoner to return it to the store room until the next work shift.
I have taken a picture of the job cue as to show this issue. I was actually troubleshooting the problem so you can see me installing 2 new pressed with the first 2 in the queue.

Not a big issue but I thought I would bring it up.

http://i.imgur.com/DZciYDf.jpg
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:56 am

Hello, TheGreenLing! Welcome to the dev forum!

The workbench thing is a known issue. In the future, if you have a suggestion or bug report, first do a forum search and a Mantis Bug Tracker search. You can get to the tracker site from the stickied post.

(And a friendly warning, the attitude around here can get pretty cynical... just ignore those people. :wink: )
TheGreenLing
level0

Postby TheGreenLing » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Spectre Incarnate wrote:Hello, TheGreenLing! Welcome to the dev forum!

The workbench thing is a known issue. In the future, if you have a suggestion or bug report, first do a forum search and a Mantis Bug Tracker search. You can get to the tracker site from the stickied post.

(And a friendly warning, the attitude around here can get pretty cynical... just ignore those people. :wink: )

My apologies, I should have researched further before I posted. I am quite new here so, I appreciate the direction you have given me.

I find most people attitude intriguing especially the "OMG you broke the game, you bastards" approach some people take EVERY update.
Xcevion
level1
level1

Postby Xcevion » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:36 pm

i would like to see an extension of the usable character/letters/accents/umlauts so that translations can be more accurate

that would be awesome
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Xcevion wrote:i would like to see an extension of the usable character/letters/accents/umlauts so that translations can be more accurate

that would be awesome

That will almost certainly be coming at some point.

Return to “Community Members”