Upgrading to a Higher Tier

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Blessed
level0

Re: Upgrading to a Higher Tier

Postby Blessed » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Quick Question: I got into the Alpha a long time ago, I think it was sometime last year. My Paypal receipt is probably somewhere in my emails, really buried deep. So if I want to upgrade, how do I find out which tier I bought last time? Can I contact Introversion support and if yes how?
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Blessed wrote:Quick Question: I got into the Alpha a long time ago, I think it was sometime last year. My Paypal receipt is probably somewhere in my emails, really buried deep. So if I want to upgrade, how do I find out which tier I bought last time? Can I contact Introversion support and if yes how?

http://support.introversion.co.uk/
seab4ss
level0

Postby seab4ss » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:15 am

Before i email support, i thought i would ask here in case it is not worth while. I originally bought PA on steam over 6 months ago on Steam, recently i was watching the PA alpha 16 video and the link at the end to upgrade to 'name in game'. http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... promo.html So i finally got around to doing it on saturday the 11th through the link from the youtube video. On the page it said it had expired but I could still buy it and it was still advertised as "Name in the Game Upgrade". Bought it, received email "Thanks for purchasing PA-Upgrade-NameinGame. Your transaction ID.." But the sendowl link doesn't have a key for name in game, just the old IV games. The send owl link even still includes a PDF explaining how to setup your 'name in game'.

I understand that i may have missed out, i just worry now that i will be expected to pay another $20 (diff between name in game and normal PA) when i have just paid $10 and theoretically upgraded to the 'Introversioner" tier. Also, i don't think the link should still be advertised as "Name in the Game Upgrade" when it is just the back catalog. :(
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:28 am

Seab4ss,

If the promotion ended and even stated that it was expired, you shouldn't have bothered with it. Introversion can't update everything to work perfectly, especially timed expirations of promotions, because they are a small company of people. This is why you were able to go ahead with the purchase which resulted in a broken link being sent to you (I will assume the link was broken because it was past the valid date of the promotion). The page has since been removed and redirects to the Prison Architect purchase page. I would highly suggest sending them a message notifying them of the issue if you haven't done so already. You will most likely get refunded or upgraded to the next tier (if your payment was enough to do so).

Hope this helps!
ConnorR9663
level0

Postby ConnorR9663 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 am

woo! only found out about this a few hours ago i nearly re-bought it to get up a tier when i found the forum :!: :!: :mrgreen:
seab4ss
level0

Postby seab4ss » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:49 am

RGeezy911 wrote:Seab4ss,

If the promotion ended and even stated that it was expired, you shouldn't have bothered with it. Introversion can't update everything to work perfectly, especially timed expirations of promotions, because they are a small company of people. This is why you were able to go ahead with the purchase which resulted in a broken link being sent to you (I will assume the link was broken because it was past the valid date of the promotion). The page has since been removed and redirects to the Prison Architect purchase page. I would highly suggest sending them a message notifying them of the issue if you haven't done so already. You will most likely get refunded or upgraded to the next tier (if your payment was enough to do so).

Hope this helps!

Thanks RGeezy911, i just donated $10 - so the original $30 for the game +$10 for the name in game (after expiry which is pretty much just the next tier ie i got the back catalog) and plus $10 i just donated - that takes me up to $50. I believe i just need to email the two paypal receipts along with proof of my steam account (where my game is linked to) and then i will have 'name in game' edition, woot.

EDIT: I sent the email with my steam account and two receipts for $10 each and received a reply with in 24 hours which was very cool. I have been sent another email with a key for The Complete Pack (Steam), 1-PA-30-BasePack, Prison Architect (Steam), Defcon and Multiwinia - but no name in game key which is all i want! I just don't know if i am doing something wrong here, i tried all the keys in the 'register your name in game' page but none of the keys start with PBIOSM. I don't understand as the email even says "Thanks for purchasing 4-PA-50-NameinGame"..... :cry:

EDIT 2: SOLVED! OMG i totaly n00bed out, there is no 'name in game' key (unless you got it from steam) - you use your email address that you registered with if you don't have a steam 'name in game' key.
gog
level0

Postby gog » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:11 pm

I'm trying to make a donation via the PayPal page, but the form that I'm given is forcing me to select a county in the UK rather than a state in the US. This happens even if I change the country in the top drop-down box. I really want to donate and get the upgrade, but this is a showstopper.
r0y
level1
level1

Postby r0y » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:58 pm

gog wrote:I'm trying to make a donation via the PayPal page, but the form that I'm given is forcing me to select a county in the UK rather than a state in the US. This happens even if I change the country in the top drop-down box. I really want to donate and get the upgrade, but this is a showstopper.

I just upgraded my Steam Name-in-Game ($50) investment via PayPal, and did not see any Country or State / Region options. Just an amount box, a login to PayPal (which I did), then processed it; e-mailed my Steam receipt + PayPal receipt according to the instructions at the beginning of this thread.
gog
level0

Postby gog » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:36 pm

I don't have a PayPal account, nor do I wish to obtain one. I'm trying to pay via credit card.
CheezBurger35
level1
level1

Postby CheezBurger35 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:59 pm

Quick question...
Why does the ability to put your 'name in the game' cost £11.87 ($20)?
Don't you think that's a bit much? :?

I'm only asking because, while the ability to add your own name is awesome, I don't think it should cost any more than £5 ($8.42).

I'm not trying to have a go, I just simply want to know why! :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:11 pm

CheezBurger35 wrote:Why does the ability to put your 'name in the game' cost £11.87 ($20)?

Because that is the way that IV priced it. I don't know what other answer you could possibly expect...

xander
CheezBurger35
level1
level1

Postby CheezBurger35 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Sorry, only asking!
orangewarning
level1
level1

Postby orangewarning » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 am

QUESTION:

I bought my PA a couple of weeks ago from steam $30

Now that there is a sale on steam, and I want to upgrade to name in game.

If I buy the Name in Game $16.99
Obviously it will be cheaper, but I already own the game, so I can't purchase for myself. :S

But if I purchase it as gift, I won't be able to see the key...
So how???
Can I just make a paypal donation of $16.99 instead?
skhoo
level0

Postby skhoo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:26 pm

QUESTION:

Can't upgrade via steam!

I currently have a standard version and have been tracking the progress of the last 2 alpha build 19 and 20.
With the addition of the "self" got to jail i'm interested in upgrading my tear from standard to name in game.

Stream currently has the name in game @ 66% off for $16.99 but it wont let me purchase it!!
"you already own this game!"

Would you honour an upgrade to name in game key for a paypal donation of this amount, $16.99?

Regards
GiFFoMiSt
level0

Postby GiFFoMiSt » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:12 pm

What if you got the game through Steam?

as we can't upgrade through Steam :(

Return to “Community Members”