Upgrading to a Higher Tier

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Upgrading to a Higher Tier

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm

It's really easy to upgrade to any higher tier in the alpha.

1. Check that we haven't sold out by visiting prison-architect.com

2. Make a paypal donation of the price difference between your current tier and the one to which you wish to upgrade.

eg. If you have bought the Base Pack for $30 and wish to get your name in the game ($50) you need to make a donation of $50 - $30 = $20.

3. Mail your paypal receipt for the donation together with your email address to upgrades@introversion.co.uk.

That's it! We'll upgrade you and you'll receive an email when it's been done.

Any problems just mail support@introversion.co.uk.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Awesome :)
side.dish
level0

Postby side.dish » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:10 pm

I suddenly regret opting into the Alpha.
At first I thought the high price was due to development costs and a smaller Alpha, but it now seems it's out of pure greed.
MrCai
level1
level1

Postby MrCai » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:37 pm

side.dish wrote:I suddenly regret opting into the Alpha.
At first I thought the high price was due to development costs and a smaller Alpha, but it now seems it's out of pure greed.

This topic is in response to here:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... .php?t=136
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:57 pm

How does allowing people to upgrade their package hold any bearing over your feelings regarding the pricing? It would be greedy to say 'No you can't upgrade, but you can buy it twice :p'
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 am

a__gun wrote:

I dont think this guy understand economics ... Money = Product

no money... no motherfucking product son!
Cpt.Junior
level0

Postby Cpt.Junior » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh, man, and Christmas is coming soon, too...

Speaking of ways for me to give you guys more money, I know one of the packages will include a Prison Architect t-shirt. What are the chances your shop will include introversion-logo and/or game-specific t-shirts in the run up to Crimbo? My other half and I both own all your games, and I know he'd appreciate being able to wear his fandom around in public.

Because seriously, we want to support you guys as devs.
crummett
level2
level2

Postby crummett » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 pm

yeah it's mad. No other companies offer various packages at different prices. I mean imagine if Call of Duty did more expensive offers where you got night vision goggles and book etc and you had to pay more..... waaaaaaait a minute.

and why shouldn't a company make money? Do you work for just the right amount of money to survive? Or do you run your own business that doesn't seek to make a profit but just to make ends meet?

You're an idiot
oranc84
level0

Postby oranc84 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm

frasercarter wrote:
a__gun wrote:

I dont think this guy understand economics ... Money = Product

no money... no motherfucking product son!

I don't think you understand economics...

investors money --> product --> customers (end user) money --> investors and developers.

Kapish?

We should allbe the board as we are the investors. Now if you look closely at least we do have a way to charachterize and get involved in the game development as we do have a stage to give our input and thoughts about how the game is progressing in our opinion.
Bertcantfly
level0

Postby Bertcantfly » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 am

Well, just a question.

How do you check if your account is upgraded, other than the email that is sent to you?

--BertCantFly
Aznsteel
level1
level1

Postby Aznsteel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Well what I think side.dish is talking about is that $30 is more then what normal indie games would cost let alone its still in alpha. Minecraft when it first came out in alpha had its price reduced to 10-15 dollars and it kept going up as beta/full came out. I'm glad to pay the 30 dollars to help the people making this game because Its awesome.
DrNormality
level0

Postby DrNormality » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:28 am

Aznsteel wrote:Well what I think side.dish is talking about is that $30 is more then what normal indie games would cost let alone its still in alpha. Minecraft when it first came out in alpha had its price reduced to 10-15 dollars and it kept going up as beta/full came out. I'm glad to pay the 30 dollars to help the people making this game because Its awesome.

The reason Minecraft was cheap was to get as much hype for the game as possible due to there being little content in the first place. Now that it is fully released, Mojang isn't making as much as it once was because the new price doesn't justify what you are getting (The full release being practically the same as the Alpha release). I for one am quite happy to pay $30 upwards. It means I'm part of a tighter Alpha group, my opinion is going to matter on the forums and introversion haven't let me down yet with one of their other releases.
Ada
level1
level1

Postby Ada » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Aznsteel wrote:Well what I think side.dish is talking about is that $30 is more then what normal indie games would cost let alone its still in alpha. Minecraft when it first came out in alpha had its price reduced to 10-15 dollars and it kept going up as beta/full came out. I'm glad to pay the 30 dollars to help the people making this game because Its awesome.

Yea, I think they game would sell more if they lowered the price.
However, I think starting to sell the game at lower price this early in the development would lead to people being disappointed and not returning.
When the bugs are ironed out I think PA has a great chance of selling ALOT. Lots of people miss these kind of games. Last sim like this that I really enjoyed was probably.. hm.. DK2 or RCT1. PA seems to be heading the right direction.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 pm

I just noticed that none of the tiers have 'invitation to the launch party' as a feature ;)
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Oh, you didn't get your invite? What a shame :lol:

Return to “Community Members”