Upgrading to a Higher Tier

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

xander
level5
level5

Re: Upgrading to a Higher Tier

Postby xander » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:31 pm

The instructions posted at the top of this topic apply to Steam, as well. There is (to my knowledge) no way of upgrading from within Steam.

xander
orangewarning
level1
level1

Postby orangewarning » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:43 pm

^^

So my question now is.

Can I just pay a paypal donation of $16.99

Or I must pay $20 no matter what?
GiFFoMiSt
level0

Postby GiFFoMiSt » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Okay so I would have to pay a total of £11.9 ($20) to the PayPal Account and that will be fine? I just email that email address and other stuff before and I will be given a code?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:09 pm

These are questions that are best sent directly to IV via their contact form. No one on the forum can really give you a definitive answer.

xander
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Tue May 06, 2014 9:22 pm

I have upgraded via steam -
I already bought the standard game, but in the latest steam deal I bought the 'name in game' tier. I bought it as a gift.

As I could not install the game (I already had it) I asked Steam support to remove my game from the library.
After they done that I claimed the gift for myself and was able to install it (plus Defcon, Darwinia etc. which come with the higher tier :D ).

It is at your own risk though - steam support states that the CD key allocated will be the same if you re-buy a game and therefore is void- in my case there are different keys for PA for different tiers so I thought it was safe enough - and worked for me.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

I can assist you in permanently removing Prison Architect - standard from your account. However, the game(s) will not be refunded and will not be accessible for future use.

Please note, any bans incurred in a game you are asking to be removed will remain on your account. The bans apply to your Steam account, not the game itself.

If the game was purchased on Steam and you repurchase the game in the future, your Steam account will receive the same CD Key it was initially assigned.

If you registered a game with a CD Key and we remove it, the CD Key will no longer be valid and it will not be redeemable in the future.
HellYeah
level0

Postby HellYeah » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Is it possible to add more Versions of Polaroid etc. ?
Would be nice :)
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:42 pm

HellYeah wrote:Is it possible to add more Versions of Polaroid etc. ?

That would reflect badly on Introversion and annoy the people who bought the tier thinking they were getting something extremely limited.
troberts92
level0

Postby troberts92 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:46 pm

How long do you think this upgrade option will be available? I'm currently a University student, therefore had to settle (so to speak) for the base version. However, I do like the idea of putting myself in the game with my own bio.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 am

troberts92 wrote:How long do you think this upgrade option will be available? I'm currently a University student, therefore had to settle (so to speak) for the base version. However, I do like the idea of putting myself in the game with my own bio.

The upgrade to Name in Game is available from Steam now - I would imagine that this upgrade is not limited to period or time.

On Steam it is called:
"Buy Prison Architect Name in Game Upgrade DLC"
description:
"Upgrade from any other version to gain the ability to name a prisoner and write his bio. Includes the Aficionado, and Introversioner content."
Kunovega
level1
level1

Postby Kunovega » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:13 am

MAdMaN wrote:
HellYeah wrote:Is it possible to add more Versions of Polaroid etc. ?

That would reflect badly on Introversion and annoy the people who bought the tier thinking they were getting something extremely limited.

Plus how many can they really use?

Polaroids will probably only be used as part of the scenarios/missions (whatever they end up calling them) and not really part of the sandbox mode anyway.

So they can't really sell an unlimited amount of them, they would never finish making the game.

I could see them doing it again some time in the future though for DLC content. "we're gonna make 10 more missions for a DLC pack and need more polaroids", etc But that's not likely until after release anyway.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:50 am

Kunovega wrote:Polaroids will probably only be used as part of the scenarios/missions (whatever they end up calling them) and not really part of the sandbox mode anyway.

In the Alpha 21 or 22 video polaroids were shown to appear seemingly at random around the prison and it showed you how many you'd collected.
Sales_Kital
level0

Postby Sales_Kital » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:12 pm

With the shirt, do we choose a size for it? or is it meant as a "one size fits all" situation. I'm asking since I'm thinking of upgrading to physical.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Not to dredge up a month old conversation, but I get the impression that Polariods are basically in-game achievements, awarded for doing certain things. Some of them will likely be part of the campaign, but I would guess that others will be obtainable (only?) in the sandbox mode.

xander
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:11 am

Helpful topic. Looks like I'll be upgrading to the 100$ pack eventually - lets hope I can get the spare 50$ before it ever ends.

I salute you, Introversion.
MStickney
level0

Postby MStickney » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi, I am just wondering, as I got Prison Architect via the Humble Bundle, do I only need to pay the $20 difference between the base and Name-in-the-Game?

Return to “Community Members”