Upgrading to a Higher Tier

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Einherion wrote:know where i can ask this question and get a real answer?

http://support.introversion.co.uk/
Smiling Eve
level1
level1

Postby Smiling Eve » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:17 pm

side.dish wrote:I suddenly regret opting into the Alpha.
At first I thought the high price was due to development costs and a smaller Alpha, but it now seems it's out of pure greed.

I think part of the profit is used as their wages (they're working their asses off!) and part of the profit is to be able to make a new game: investment to the future. If you think it's to expensive, why buy it in the first place?
Smiling Eve
bamapookie
level1
level1

Postby bamapookie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm

How does this apply to those who purchased via the Humble Weekly Sale?
sidster51
level1
level1

Re: Upgrading to a Higher Tier

Postby sidster51 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:57 am

If I bought it on sale and I bought Introversioner, (I think it was $24.00) do I have to pay $36.00? Or just $10.00?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:07 am

sidster51 wrote:If I bought it on sale and I bought Introversioner, (I think it was $24.00) do I have to pay $36.00? Or just $10.00?

(The Price of the Tier You to Which You Wish to Upgrade) - (The Price You Paid) = (What You Need to Pay)

See the support page.

xander
sidster51
level1
level1

Postby sidster51 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 am

xander wrote:
sidster51 wrote:If I bought it on sale and I bought Introversioner, (I think it was $24.00) do I have to pay $36.00? Or just $10.00?

(The Price of the Tier You to Which You Wish to Upgrade) - (The Price You Paid) = (What You Need to Pay)

See the support page.

xander

Why couldn't you just have answered my question with numbers? I'm still :?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:12 pm

sidster51 wrote:
xander wrote:

See the support page.

xander

Why couldn't you just have answered my question with numbers? I'm still :?

Because I don't know the numbers? In order to figure out the numbers, I would need to go to the Prison Architect sales page, figure out what the package that you want costs, then confirm that you actually paid $24 (which I cannot do except by asking you). Then I would have to pull out my calculator and actually do the subtraction (despite the degrees in mathematics, I am terrible with arithmetic, thanks to mild dyscalculia). I cannot do any of this any more easily than you can. Basically, you want me to do your work for you, and I am both unable and unwilling to do so.

xander
bamapookie
level1
level1

Postby bamapookie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:24 pm

xander wrote:

See the support page.

xander

Actually, the support page says

2. Make a paypal donation of the price difference between your current tier and the one to which you wish to upgrade.

I think that means that to go from the Introversioner tier ($40?) to the Name in the Game tier ($50), it would only be $10 regardless of what you actually paid for the original tier. I could be wrong, though. I do not work for Introversion.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:25 pm

bamapookie wrote:Actually, the support page says
2. Make a paypal donation of the price difference between your current tier and the one to which you wish to upgrade.

Read the next sentence:
eg. If you have bought the Base Pack for $30 and wish to get your name in the game ($50) you need to make a donation of $50 - $30 = $20.

bamapookie wrote:I do not work for Introversion.

Neither do I.

xander
bamapookie
level1
level1

Postby bamapookie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:05 pm

xander wrote:
bamapookie wrote:I do not work for Introversion.

Neither do I.

xander

I was just emphasizing the fact that I have no inside knowledge. At best, the support page is unclear. It would be nice for someone in an official capacity to weigh in.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 pm

bamapookie wrote:I was just emphasizing the fact that I have no inside knowledge. At best, the support page is unclear. It would be nice for someone in an official capacity to weigh in.

The best way to get an official word is to email them. You might try the email address on that support page---it seems to get answered pretty quickly.

xander
bamapookie
level1
level1

Postby bamapookie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:26 pm

That gets the question answered for one person. If the question is answered here, everyone can see it and presumably, the question wouldn't need to be asked again.

You know what they say: Hit a man over the head with a fish... etc.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm

bamapookie wrote:That gets the question answered for one person. If the question is answered here, everyone can see it and presumably, the question wouldn't need to be asked again.

You know what they say: Hit a man over the head with a fish... etc.

Yes, but IV don't tend to say much on the forums. Even then, I think it is pretty clear. You paid (say) $24 and want the $50 tier, therefore you pay $50-24=$36. No?

xander
bamapookie
level1
level1

Postby bamapookie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 pm

FYI, I got a response from Sam today via email. Upgrading is based on the tier price, not the amount you paid. If you paid less than the stated price for a particular tier, you get to keep that original discount when moving up.

SEP 11, 2013 | 11:01AM BST
Sam replied:
Hi,

Yes the price is the difference between the tiers. To upgrade from base pack to name in the game it would be $20.
Kind regards

Sam

Marketing & Customer services manager
Introversion Software Ltd
http://www.introversion.co.uk
Brnthay
level1
level1

Postby Brnthay » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:47 pm

frasercarter wrote:
a__gun wrote:
side.dish wrote:I suddenly regret opting into the Alpha.
At first I thought the high price was due to development costs and a smaller Alpha, but it now seems it's out of pure greed.

I dont think this guy understand economics ... Money = Product

no money... no motherfucking product son!

(Bachlors degree in economics)

You have a wrong definition of product. You also are under the misconception that a high price leads to a better product. Price does not = product. There are products that you get for free on a daily bases, air is one of those. But this is a topic for another forum. I will finish with this one. The guy has buyer remorse, a very common thing, however he is telling us all about it in the entirely wrong way.

Return to “Community Members”