Unable to edit blueprint before building?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

sheepdemon
level0

Unable to edit blueprint before building?

Postby sheepdemon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong, but after placing a blueprint I am not able to remove or edit it before the room is built, whereupon I can extend it by adding another blueprint to it or remove it by demolishing the room. In addition to this if I demolish PART of a room (say the floor for example) I cannot figure out how to then add the floor back in and have it show as part of the room again, when I tried readding indoor tiles the floor portions that had been removed were red as if being counted as outside again (I may have removed some wall too, can't remember).
Guvnor
level2
level2

Postby Guvnor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 pm

I think by blueprint you mean foundation? The game has no mechanism currently to cancel a placed foundation. You just have to sit back and watch it get built.

As for demolishing part of a room, including walls, usually you can just build "Concrete Tiles" on top of destroyed walls to convert them to "indoor" tiles, which will then let you rezone them. But, for whatever reason, about 10% of the time this doesn't work and they show up red when you try to rezone them. When this happens, use the Demolish tool to demolish an area that is at least 3x3 or larger, then build a new foundation, which will let you try again. If you build a new foundation inside an interior, the workers won't place new walls, they will just build the flooring. If this doesn't make sense I can post some screenshots.

Return to “Community Members”