Please post all bugs in our Mantis bug tracker, NOT here.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

ATSgaming
level0

Re: Please post all bugs in our Mantis bug tracker, NOT here

Postby ATSgaming » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:51 am

Hi,
I'm new to Introversion. I bought Prison Architect and posted up a new bug on Mantis. http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=3215. The bug I'm currently having a problem with is that when the prisoners get arrested, they are never Ever taken back to their cells, or put into solitary confinement. So I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.

Thanks! :D
Terro1888
level0

Small bug when saving game for first time.

Postby Terro1888 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:11 pm

This may have been picked up before but when you change the name of your save when first saving the keyboard still controls the game in the background. i.e WASD still moves the camera around. Not really a big issue but just something to polish. =) (Alpha 15)

Thanks,

Terro1888
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:47 pm

ATSgaming wrote:Hi,
I'm new to Introversion. I bought Prison Architect and posted up a new bug on Mantis. http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=3215. The bug I'm currently having a problem with is that when the prisoners get arrested, they are never Ever taken back to their cells, or put into solitary confinement. So I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.

Thanks! :D

If you've already reported the issue, this isn't the ideal place to discuss it. This was just an announcement thread pointing the community to the Mantis bug tracker, and has evolved a little to discuss its implementation. All told, it looks like you resolved it yourself per your comments in Mantis.

Terro1888 wrote:This may have been picked up before but when you change the name of your save when first saving the keyboard still controls the game in the background. i.e WASD still moves the camera around. Not really a big issue but just something to polish. =) (Alpha 15)

Thanks,

Terro1888

This was one of the first bugs reported: Mantis Artifact ID 39. The Mantis tracker actually has a very robust search mechanism, and I'll venture a guess that it would be helpful to the developers to add your findings to an existing report instead of making new ones. Duplicates can be very distracting.
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Alpha 16 issue:
Steam workshop uploading of mods does not work

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=3221
Flitzpiepe
level0

Postby Flitzpiepe » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 am

Finally, i can login - whatever it was - i am glad to now have access to mantis. The bug i had was found during that time: Steam problem - a short question: If i found issues like Steam does not delete all local game content allthough it is intended to do that - is this a bug for the database? Who is Careholder for that? Valve?
WarpedPerspectiv
level1
level1

Postby WarpedPerspectiv » Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 pm

When I try to log in to get to the tracker, it simply clears the Username and Password fields and leaves me on the login form.
Reef
level2
level2

Postby Reef » Sun May 25, 2014 1:16 am

I don't have permissions to do stuff properly myself, so I tag issues with Duplicate or Resolved instead.

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/search.p ... g=Resolved
http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/search.p ... =duplicate
http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/search.p ... bug+report
http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/search.p ... ABugReport

There is like 3000 or so bugs to consider. If we are ever going to get to the bottom of the barrel, those issues need to be linked and their status needs to be changed.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:20 am

In my opinion, a few dedicated people should be given the rank of "updater" on Mantis. I would gladly go through the list and mark duplicates.
Reef
level2
level2

Postby Reef » Sun May 25, 2014 3:19 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:In my opinion, a few dedicated people should be given the rank of "updater" on Mantis. I would gladly go through the list and mark duplicates.

The number and level of dedication of people in question is not important - their qualifications are.

The way we do it now (with issue notes and tags) is inefficient, because every operation must be done twice: once by a Reporter-level user and a second time by someone with the proper permissions. Developers approve the bug triaging instead of fixing bugs.
prokaryote
level0

Postby prokaryote » Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm

It seems like I can't login with my forum credentials. I always get the error "Failed to authenticate user. Did you type in your username / password correctly?" that is also shown when I just type in random words. My password only consists of numbers and letters (capital and non-capital), but is relatively long.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Mantis requires you to register an account on it. The login screen with the Introversion logo requires your login information that you use here, the second login screen is where you create the new account for Mantis. For convenience, just use the same forum name and password.

The bug bash video that John made also explains this.
prokaryote
level0

Postby prokaryote » Fri May 30, 2014 3:55 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:Mantis requires you to register an account on it. The login screen with the Introversion logo requires your login information that you use here, the second login screen is where you create the new account for Mantis. For convenience, just use the same forum name and password.

The bug bash video that John made also explains this.

Yes, I watched the video, but the problem is that i can't log in in the first screen, the one with the Introversion logo, although my forum credentials should work.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:28 pm

If your password contains spaces or symbols, then try changing it to an alpha-numeric one. (a-z, A-Z, 0-9)

I think the system has issues with passwords that have symbols, but I'm not certain.

Also, make sure you are typing your username correctly: prokaryote

Sgt.Golden
level1
level1

Postby Sgt.Golden » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 am

How long does it take for you to get a email about your account.
gaskell
level0

Postby gaskell » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:07 pm

After getting frustrated with this as well I finally worked out why I was having trouble (and maybe why others are too). The login with the Introversion logo asks for USERNAME not email.

I was entering my email and password and wondering why it would not let me in. Fail.
Anyway, just hoping this complete lack of noticing the obvious might help someone else that fell into the same thing I did.

Return to “Community Members”