Please post all bugs in our Mantis bug tracker, NOT here.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

[NoiseX]
level1
level1

Re: Re:

Postby [NoiseX] » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 pm

xander wrote:You don't. Perhaps you can get one of the tracker mods to close the bug for you?
xander

Oh thanks. How do I contact the mods?
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Re: Please post all bugs in our Mantis bug tracker, NOT here

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm

I just recently found this post which outlined who IV designated as Mantis moderators. Wish I had been here when the request went out. :( All have forum accounts (they originally responded in this thread) that you can try to PM, email etc. The only one I've seen active is Guvnor.
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:46 pm

So is there any way for someone who is not a moderator but has found some duplicate/invalid issue in the tracker to help? I mean besides bugging the mods all day, that's just annoying for them on the long term...
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Gondlar wrote:So is there any way for someone who is not a moderator but has found some duplicate/invalid issue in the tracker to help? I mean besides bugging the mods all day, that's just annoying for them on the long term...

Well what I and others have been doing is commenting on the duplicates and linking to them, which bumps the artifact to the top of list. They're really down to one active moderator so sometimes they see it, and other times it was just a useless bump. In the latter case, I feel I'm doing more harm than good, so I only do it sparingly.

It's difficult to answer your question since all of us weren't part of IV's instructions to their Mantis moderators. It's hard to know how they want it organized.
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:45 pm

I was hoping for a reply by one of the moderators or someone from IV as that would clear things up.

On a completely unrelated topic: Is the list of known bugs in the wiki of any relevance? It looks pretty out of date after skimming through once.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Gondlar wrote:I was hoping for a reply by one of the moderators or someone from IV as that would clear things up.

Good luck with that. Introversion staff rarely post on the forum.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Gondlar wrote:On a completely unrelated topic: Is the list of known bugs in the wiki of any relevance? It looks pretty out of date after skimming through once.

I don't think so. If IV has invested the time into setting up Mantis, I don't think a list in the wiki is useful. There's a few cases where it makes sense to reference a mantis bug report, but not in general. There's a citation template setup on the wiki to quickly create a linked footnote that takes you right to the Mantis artifact number.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Just asking a question Chris, but can we please have some more mods for the bug tracker, I can see at least 5-10 of the same bug being reported at stages. Makes trying to link them together difficult.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:00 pm

How do I reopen a "resolved" bug like it askes you at the bottom?
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 am

Meeeps wrote:How do I reopen a "resolved" bug like it askes you at the bottom?

It looks like only moderators or the original reporter can comment on a resolved report thus re-opening it. I'm making a guess here based on the reports that have been re-opened and my knowledge of other bug trackers. Not sure of the permissions administration capability of this Mantis implementation to allow all reporters to do so. This assumes IV even has a desire to do so, as there's pros and cons either way.

While I'm not drawing any relation to the PA tracker, in my experience many times people will re-open a report to talk about a spin-off issue that has come up, even though the original issue is technically fixed. On the developer side this can really cloud metrics and disorganize tasks if you'd prefer new issues have new reports, regardless of how related they are. It's a personal (or team based) project management decision.
MiriW
level2
level2

Postby MiriW » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:48 am

Despite having achieved access to this forum, I can't log on to Mantis, which just states "Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect."
Is there some trick I'm not seeing or is it just slow updating it's database?
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:50 pm

MiriW wrote:Despite having achieved access to this forum, I can't log on to Mantis, which just states "Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect."

Does your password have any "unusual" characters in it? Try changing your forum password to standard alphanumeric characters with no spaces etc. Way back when I think the portal had issues with special characters, even though the forum accepted them. Just an idea.
MiriW
level2
level2

Postby MiriW » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:10 pm

_alphaBeta_ wrote:
MiriW wrote:Despite having achieved access to this forum, I can't log on to Mantis, which just states "Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect."

Does your password have any "unusual" characters in it? Try changing your forum password to standard alphanumeric characters with no spaces etc. Way back when I think the portal had issues with special characters, even though the forum accepted them. Just an idea.

Although it already contained only basic letters and numbers and no spaces, I tried changing it to something simpler but there's still no joy :( message persists.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:21 am

Well, I fear the bug tracker became unusable, there are so many open tickets, many simply look invalid. I don't think it makes any sense anymore to post bugs there. It got no attention by devs. 2 tickets were resolved since june.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 am

Meeeps wrote:Well, I fear the bug tracker became unusable, there are so many open tickets, many simply look invalid. I don't think it makes any sense anymore to post bugs there. It got no attention by devs. 2 tickets were resolved since june.

The fact that many of the tickets are useless is a result of the lack of moderation. The tracker moderators have vanished, and IV has not appointed anyone to replace them. Yet another reason to object to the existence of a publicly facing tracker in the first place---though I acknowledge that I lost that battle a long time ago.

That being said, the fact that only two tickets have been closed in the last several months does not imply that the devs do not check the tracker. They simply have not been focusing on bugfixing.

xander

Return to “Community Members”