[Suggestion] Cell Blocks

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Icepick
level5
level5

[Suggestion] Cell Blocks

Postby Icepick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:57 pm

So, it's possible this, or something similar, has already been posted, but the forum has already become way too busy to make reading everything plausible!
Anyway, basically my idea is having the ability to to designate different areas of the prison as different cell blocks. Each block would have it's own schedule, and prisoners would become tied to the block that their cell is in.

So, for example, lets say you have 3 main buildings containing all your cells, but only a single kitchen and one small-ish yard. You could define the buildings as being Cell Block A, B and C, and have each one use the facilities at different times. So while the prisoners of Cell Block A are eating their lunch, Cell Block B is in the yard and C are having their free time. This would have to work a little intelligently, so that (for example), if the area of Cell Block A had a Yard defined inside it, those prisoners would use that yard instead of the others.

Doors would also need to be able to be tied to specific cell blocks, too, and maybe also be given schedules. So the door to the yard would only let inmates of Cell Block A in when it's their allotted yard time.

This could also tie in well to possible Gang features in the future - gangs could naturally form inside these blocks, and cause serious problems whenever members from both blocks are in the same place. Maybe a member of one gang wants to kill a member of an opposing gang, and sneaks into their cell block to do it.
mizipzor
level1
level1

Postby mizipzor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 pm

This reminds me of the burrows feature in Dwarf Fortress. I like it.
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:48 pm

I like this idea. Could add so much to the game!
Pugsley
level1
level1

Postby Pugsley » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Agreed, i'd love to see some staggered times. Make things much easier of a morning. Have 60 inmates head into the showers at once always ends in more blood than water running :p

Return to “Community Members”