[bug] Doors to cells are open / closed

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

MrCai
level1
level1

[bug] Doors to cells are open / closed

Postby MrCai » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Couldn't find this posted already elsewhere.

At night when the prison regime is set for all prisoners to return to their cells at night, they should have their cell doors closed behind them. Currently doors will be a mix of open and closed.

It would also be handy if the player could select a door and choose "open" or "close" as sometimes doors are left looking like they are sat next to a hole in the wall
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I agree that doors should be a bit more intuitive to what's going on, but I think adding manual controls to them is a bit extreme. I've had solitary doors stay open with prisoners inside doing time, but because its a staff only door they just walk up to the line of the room and then stop, as if the door were closed. Really more of an aesthetic thing but still it'd be nice to see them work
Mathieu
level1
level1

Postby Mathieu » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Agree, the doors are not very well managed at this time. We should be able to close them manually or asking a guard to do it.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Maybe they should work like the cell doors in Alcatraz, they have a great system which was all mechanised so you could open all doors at once, one door in particular, or all doors except one. I don't know where I watched it, but it was just an amazing system. That way the doors wouldn't open and close at will, they'd explicitly be open or closed.
largestherb
level1
level1

Postby largestherb » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 pm

sometimes i read these threads and wonder if people know what 'alpha release version 1' actually means D:

yes, the doors are visually a little buggy right now - but their 'rules' seems to be working fine for me
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm

largestherb wrote:sometimes i read these threads and wonder if people know what 'alpha release version 1' actually means D:

yes, the doors are visually a little buggy right now - but their 'rules' seems to be working fine for me

Sometimes I read posts like these and wonder if (the) people (posting them) know what bug reporting actually means D:

That being said, this has been reported ad nauseum - searching is your friend.
mizipzor
level1
level1

Postby mizipzor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Illanair wrote:That being said, this has been reported ad nauseum - searching is your friend.

I don't think it is in this case. Searching for all terms "doors open closed" returns this thread and two other unrelated. Searching for simply "doors" return virtually every thread.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Maybe not ad nauseum, but I did just notice it in the Known Issues wiki.

Doors don't always lock. Will sometimes stay open even when the prisoner is inside and can't get out.

Alas, I still think a guard specifically opening and then closing the cells is the way to go. Having prisoners just ambling around bugs me.

Return to “Community Members”