[Question] Stop prisoners how?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

staffy50
level0

[Question] Stop prisoners how?

Postby staffy50 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Seen lots of talk how to stop prisoners arriving, but cant find it where anybody has gone further than gobbing off and actually explained how to do it.

I take it you move the delivery zone or something? but does this stop supplies arriving? And how do you actually remove the delivery zone, if that is the way?
juniperi
level1
level1

Postby juniperi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:41 pm

JorshRod
level0

Postby JorshRod » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 pm

None of those threads actually describe how to move the delivery zone, something I've been trying to figure out for a day now.
juniperi
level1
level1

Postby juniperi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Select room tool and use right click to remove and left click to create new rooms.
Bedders
level1
level1

Postby Bedders » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:08 pm

As mentioned above, but here is a specific list.
    Single left-click on 'Rooms'.
    Single left-click on 'Delivery'.
    Right-click and hold over the delivery area that you wish to remove. This should now disappear.
    Left-click and hold over the new delivery area that you wish to create. This should ideally be of a large size, and at least 5 squares away from the road. (Need confirmation on this number, please) :?

Now you should have a delivery area where objects will still be delivered to, but prisoners will not arrive at.
Good luck!
----------------------------------------------------------
Bedders
Elshar
level0

Postby Elshar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Actually. You don't need to do that. All I do is remove the first "column" next to the road, build a fence, and place a door. I don't think you need the fence/door, but I do it because I like the aesthetics.

Anyways, using this method you can prevent new prisoners from arriving indefinitely. Just get one tile of the Delivery Area to touch the sidewalk again to allow new prisoners.

Bedders wrote:Left-click and hold over the new delivery area that you wish to create. This should ideally be of a large size, and at least 5 squares away from the road. (Need confirmation on this number, please) :?
[/list]
Now you should have a delivery area where objects will still be delivered to, but prisoners will not arrive at.
Good luck!
Bedders
level1
level1

Postby Bedders » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Elshar wrote:Actually. You don't need to do that. All I do is remove the first "column" next to the road, build a fence, and place a door. I don't think you need the fence/door, but I do it because I like the aesthetics.

Anyways, using this method you can prevent new prisoners from arriving indefinitely. Just get one tile of the Delivery Area to touch the sidewalk again to allow new prisoners.

Ah, didn't know that :) Cheers!
----------------------------------------------------------

Bedders
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Can also edit the save game file with notpad and change the following

EnabledIntake true

to

EnabledIntake false

Should be the 12th or so line down.