Fix for Mac OSX 10.6

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

ryland
level0

Works like a charm on 10.8.1

Postby ryland » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Using OS X 10.8.1 and the game now works like a charm!
Radon
level0

Postby Radon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Hey, i am using the Magic Mouse (the touch mouse that comes with every new mac now) and it has no middle mouse button. I would either tell people how to use the middle mouse button (i assume there is a way pressing a key?) or find a different way to turn prisson doors (why not the right button like in many other gams?)
Radon
level0

Postby Radon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Having to search on the Internet to rotate a door is not the result of good game design. It needs to be addressed either by changing the controls or explaining how to do it in game. I wanted to report this, came to the forum the very first time, clicked on the pinned Mac Topic, saw that no one posted about it and did report it.
So please don´t act out like this, it dos not create a very friendly atmosphere. Especially if you answer a question that was not even asked.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Radon wrote:Having to search on the Internet to rotate a door is not the result of good game design.

For a finished, polished game, you are correct. For a game that is unfinished and in alpha, if you have an issue the first step is to search the forums (or the internet at large). If no one else has reported the issue, then you bring it up, and maybe post a bug report in the tracker. Other people have reported the issue, and suggested possible fixes to IV. Your post added nothing to the discussion.

Radon wrote:So please don´t act out like this, it dos not create a very friendly atmosphere.

When you post without searching, you are basically making the statement that your time is too valuable to be wasted by doing your homework. On the other hand, you are taking no consideration for the time spend reading and responding to your comment, which more or less says that you don't care about our time. These are the actions of a narcissist. Maybe you are a very nice person in real life, but you come across as a self-centered dick. When you act like an ass, you shouldn't expect people to be nice to you. If you want to participate in the friendly atmosphere that generally flows through these fora, perhaps being considerate of others is a good place to start.

Radon wrote:Especially if you answer a question that was not even asked.

ronanc provided links to several other topics about the very issue that you raised. Many of those topics contain discussions about how IV might fix the issue in future builds. It seems that he answered your question quite thoroughly. You, on the other hand, posted an off-topic comment in this thread.

xander
Castroman88
level0

Postby Castroman88 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:51 am

It's working for me on 10.8.2
Radon
level0

Postby Radon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:51 pm

xander wrote:
Radon wrote:Having to search on the Internet to rotate a door is not the result of good game design.

For a finished, polished game, you are correct.

I was reporting/suggesting. Not complaining/asking for help...

narcissist. self-centered dick. ass

Amazing. I agree. I am the person creating a bad atmosphere.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Radon wrote:
xander wrote:

For a finished, polished game, you are correct.

I was reporting/suggesting. Not complaining/asking for help...

Other people have reported the issue. This was not the place to do so. You added nothing to the discussion.

xander
Radon
level0

Postby Radon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:41 pm

If you feel i misbehaved please contact a member of the moderation team. If he/she feels the need to talk to me about this i am sure we will find a solution without someone starting name calling like in Kindergarden.

By talking to me about this in here you are not holding yourself o your own standard.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Radon wrote:If you feel i misbehaved please contact a member of the moderation team. If he/she feels the need to talk to me about this i am sure we will find a solution without someone starting name calling like in Kindergarden.

The moderation team around here does not police the behaviour of the forum membership---they leave that up to the members themselves. The moderators only act to delete spam. ronanc acted as is the usual on this forum, and told you that you had screwed up and how you might not screw up in the future. You then complained about the tone. Get over it. No one cares if your feelings were hurt.

Radon wrote:By talking to me about this in here you are not holding yourself o your own standard.

To the contrary, this is exactly how the forum moderates itself.

xander
Phydaux
level5
level5

Postby Phydaux » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:01 pm

xander wrote:If you want to participate in the friendly atmosphere that generally flows through these fora, perhaps being considerate of others is a good place to start.

xander wrote:No one cares if your feelings were hurt.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Phydaux wrote:
xander wrote:If you want to participate in the friendly atmosphere that generally flows through these fora, perhaps being considerate of others is a good place to start.

xander wrote:No one cares if your feelings were hurt.

In short, if you want people to be polite to you, don't be rude to them. If you are rude to others, they will be rude back, and no one cares if anyone's feelings are hurt. I don't see any contradiction.

xander

Return to “Community Members”