[Suggestion] Water and Power

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RMJ1984
level2
level2

[Suggestion] Water and Power

Postby RMJ1984 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Instead of having water and power, just running in their ground on their own.

My idea is to have you build tunnel in the ground for a few reasons.

It would give you the ability to repair damaged water or power lines, that might have been to old and broke or damaged by prisoners.

It also gives more room to the prison, i feel like atm if prison escapes and prisoners getting where they arent supposed to be, the game needs to have places for the prisoners to go, atm there just isnt alot its to easy to contain them.

I mean imagine if you had underground routes where npcs can walk, that means a danger that prisoners could tunnel into these and use these. and ofcourse you cannot see into these underground routes unless youre in the underground view mode atm know as "utilities".

So when you connect power and water to cells you build these underground tunnels, wire water and power into them with room for jaitors to go as well, to repair them, but then prisons might tunnel out of their cells into these.

The prisons in the game just need more pathways and hidden parts so there is rooms for more fun and interesting gameplay.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 pm

I seriously don't see an overhaul of the water/electricity systems being likely. Also what you are hinting at with Z levels would require a ton of work. I don't really see it happening either but will have to see what the devs think about that down the line.
madcow
level1
level1

Postby madcow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Agreed about an overhaul being a bit much. What would be cool is if when the tunneling mechanic is put in, its easier for prisoners to tunnel if there's electrical or water lines in their cell. The bigger water pipes and electrical lines providing spots that make it easier to tunnel, so they get a little bonus to it. That's about the extent that I think is needed, while still accomplishing something similar.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Full-on Z- levels don't seem very likely, but the idea of there being prisoners "hiding" from your overhead view is interesting.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 pm

They are planning on adding escape tunnels already, so saying 'oh no z levels = too much work' doesn't really apply. Surely each character would need a simple flag as to wether they should be rendered on the ground level or underground level (As I'm sure pipes and wires must have already).

Personally I quite like it as an idea, but think it could become overly complex in game. Depends how its implemented I suppose - would certainly be interesting to see.

Return to “Community Members”