Restricted Areas

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

ElectricGlow
level2
level2

Postby ElectricGlow » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 am

More relaistically, that entire outside area shouldn't be lethal response. The tiles one away from the fence would be the lethal area, a no-mans-land.
Phydaux
level5
level5

Postby Phydaux » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 pm

I hope something like this is implemented.

As soon as there is a lethal response zone I'm painting the whole prison with it! :twisted:

Edit: I would add, on a more serious note, that rooms should have default zone-types. No need to keep painting the canteen open each time.
ElectricGlow
level2
level2

Postby ElectricGlow » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:39 am

Phydaux wrote:Edit: I would add, on a more serious note, that rooms should have default zone-types. No need to keep painting the canteen open each time.

That's a great idea.

Shower - open
Cafeteria - open
Yard - open
Cells - limited
Medical ward - limited
Office - closed
Workshop - closed
Kitchen - closed
Security - LR closed
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:30 pm

+1 this is a superb idea
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:46 am

+1000
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Re: Restricted Areas

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:26 am

I say show this to Chris.
prototype
level1
level1

Postby prototype » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:42 pm

I disagree that rooms should have default zone-types.
Being able to choose if you want to have prisoners in the kitchen or not is just fine.
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:14 pm

prototype wrote:Being able to choose if you want to have prisoners in the kitchen or not is just fine.

Well, a default is just a default. It would only affect what happens right after you place it without manual changes (and thus what happens if don't research the deployment bureaucracy). You could still change it afterwards.

However I do see a technical difficulty there: A "room" is really just a zone that does not necessarily span an entire room. Deployment-zones however do. So if i combine two zones in one room with contradicting default behaviours in one room, what happens? How can a player tell what happened without deployment?

Btw: For those who haven't noticed, all of this thread up to JASPer.Gamer.9.0s post date back to October 2012 when there were no staff-only zones or doors at all.
snarst
level2
level2

Re:

Postby snarst » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:21 pm

RMJ1984 wrote:I kinda feel that if we are gonna have some real fun with prison breaks and such.

There just needs to be a way for prisoners to be able to sneak around. either that or the zoom out should be lowered or something.

Or maybe if you dont have a guard in a room you dont have vision, not sure if that could work, as in you dont see what is going on with the people there. that would play well into the fact with security cameras later on as then you have those to give a cone of vision in a room without any guards and prisoners can still sneak past those.

You mean something like a fog of war mode? :P
Gondlar
level1
level1

Re: Re:

Postby Gondlar » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:26 pm

snarst wrote:
RMJ1984 wrote:I kinda feel that if we are gonna have some real fun with prison breaks and such.

There just needs to be a way for prisoners to be able to sneak around. either that or the zoom out should be lowered or something.

Or maybe if you dont have a guard in a room you dont have vision, not sure if that could work, as in you dont see what is going on with the people there. that would play well into the fact with security cameras later on as then you have those to give a cone of vision in a room without any guards and prisoners can still sneak past those.

You mean something like a fog of war mode? :P

You mean... like the one included one month after that post you quoted? Yeah that really made things better!

Return to “Community Members”