[Bug] Crash on start up

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

foregone96
level0

[Bug] Crash on start up

Postby foregone96 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm

I was able to play the game for a few hours yesterday but when I quit the game and tried to restart it just hangs on a black screen until eventually a window pops up saying the program has stopped responding. After I quit I did move the game files. could that have caused the problem? I tried moving them back to the original folder but it won't work there either.
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Re-extract your game file somewhere else and don t use your old shortcut.
foregone96
level0

Postby foregone96 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:55 pm

zangdar86 wrote:Re-extract your game file somewhere else and don t use your old shortcut.

Tried that already, no luck.
Arclight_Dynamo
level1
level1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:56 pm

What information does the pop-up give you? Could you post a screenshot?
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Sounds like the game is trying to load a bugged prison. Clear out your preferneces and it will start a fresh
Molano
level1
level1

Re: [Bug] Crash on start up

Postby Molano » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm

foregone96 wrote:I was able to play the game for a few hours yesterday but when I quit the game and tried to restart it just hangs on a black screen until eventually a window pops up saying the program has stopped responding. After I quit I did move the game files. could that have caused the problem? I tried moving them back to the original folder but it won't work there either.

Go to your c:\users\(your user name)\appdata\local\introversion\prison architect\saves and delete everything there. That should work. If you dont see the appdata folder just type it in after the "" in the adress bar at the top.
foregone96
level0

Re: [Bug] Crash on start up

Postby foregone96 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Molano wrote:
foregone96 wrote:I was able to play the game for a few hours yesterday but when I quit the game and tried to restart it just hangs on a black screen until eventually a window pops up saying the program has stopped responding. After I quit I did move the game files. could that have caused the problem? I tried moving them back to the original folder but it won't work there either.

Go to your c:\users\(your user name)\appdata\local\introversion\prison architect\saves and delete everything there. That should work. If you dont see the appdata folder just type it in after the "" in the adress bar at the top.

That worked! Thanks for all the suggestions!

Return to “Community Members”