[BUG] Incompatible with AMD "Catalyst A.I." featur

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

nickpy
level0

[BUG] Incompatible with AMD "Catalyst A.I." featur

Postby nickpy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Just downloaded the game, ran it for the first time, and absolutely nothing of the main game world was visible, just shadows of things moving around.
After a lot of poking around I found that if I change the settings in AMD Catalyst Control Centre for "Catalyst A.I." from "Advanced" to "Standard" (or tick the box to disable the feature entirely), everything is fixed. The A.I. feature describes itself as "optimizing the graphics drivers according to the application" so it's probably changing things which then confuse PA. Since I can see no loss to switching it to standard I have done so for myself.

Spec
GFX: AMD Mobility Radeon HD5650 1GB running Catalyst 12.8 drivers
CPU: Intel Core i3-330M
RAM: 4GB
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 pm

For me, with switchable amd card, my integrated card run the game instead of dedicated one coz of opengl format. So game run at 20 fps. Any clue someone ?
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm

zangdar86 wrote:For me, with switchable amd card, my integrated card run the game instead of dedicated one coz of opengl format. So game run at 20 fps. Any clue someone ?

You'll either need to change it in the BIOS, our the control panel of your graphics card.
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 am

Yeah I know, I spend one day to find out a solution. Bios just allow to turn on/off switchable graphic and there is no bios driver update to "fixed mode". In catalyst control center switching to high graphic performance seems not to use my dedicated video. After some search it seems that on amd + amd switchable card open gl is take in chaege by your discrete card ( at least if your bios don t allow fixed or dynamique mode ).

So that s the reason my game runs laggy. Btw, I run most of recent game in medium/high settings so I think it s because my dedicated card is iddle with PA. ( Ati crossfire is really bullshit ). :lol:

Return to “Community Members”