What feature would you like to see first?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Which feature do you most want to see next?

Prisoners dig escape tunnels
15%
Guard deployment mode + Patrol routes
78%
Fire engines + Firemen (Emergency callout)
7%

Total votes: 1516
Skyhi
level0

Postby Skyhi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:00 am

Personally I think adding a time limit for prisoners won't work, well as of yet anyway. 1-3 days as a prison sentence doesn't seem sufficient enough to me and having something like 1 year+ is obviously not going to work. The game would be too easy if there are only a few prisoners in at a time.

In regards to the original post however, i'm all for adding in Guard post-assigning, as I am quite sick of the guards roaming outside the zone I want them to be in =)

Am loving the game!

-Alex.
Wadey
level0

Postby Wadey » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 pm

I'd love to see them all implemented, but the guard thing you showed at eurogamer looks like it will be the most rewarding, well that and as someone else mentioned female prisoners ;-)
Arclight_Dynamo
level1
level1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Female prisoners don't make sense. Prisons are almost exclusively gender-segregated.
Finnboghi
level0

Postby Finnboghi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Skyhi wrote:Personally I think adding a time limit for prisoners won't work, well as of yet anyway. 1-3 days as a prison sentence doesn't seem sufficient enough to me and having something like 1 year+ is obviously not going to work. The game would be too easy if there are only a few prisoners in at a time.

While it is true that a prison sentence of a few days isn't terribly realistic, neither is building an entire prison wing from the ground up in 8 hours.

Time is very much skewed in Prison Architect (which is a good thing; I really like the balance so far), so having a sentence be a week or two makes sense.

The benefit of having time limits is that your prison can exist, rather than just be built until there's no more room; eventually your prison will reach an equilibrium where you rehabilitate (or execute) prisoners as fast as they arrive at your prison.

That said, I voted for guard stations, even though I think fixed sentences is a more important feature.
Ebi
level0

Postby Ebi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 am

For the very next future it would be important for me to (temporary) stop the delivery of new prisoners every 24h.
This is important to be even able to test and stress the game.

When I have to restart over and over to manage the endless flow of new prisoners my focus goes away from the testing idea because all of my attention have to be with the building activity and the "work" is even harder. Therefore I would prefer to be able to stop the delivery of new prisoners for a while to optimize my building, so that I'm ready for news prisoners and even more and more prisoners. And the actual target is, as I mean, stressing the game with as many prisoners as possible, isn't it?
Testing things like stopping digging fugitives is only the second step.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

For the moment I voted for the guard feature, because it would be difficult to handle the fugitives without guard working correctly. And the firemen? Okay, sprinklers does a good job nowadays.
Mokota
level0

Postby Mokota » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:14 am

The big question is in which direction the developers/the game plan to go on.
At the moment it seems to go to the arcade direction... handle as much prisoners until it's all too late. It's sure you can't handle but let's see how long...

But i see a big potential in the game to be a "upbuilding strategy-game". And i like slow upbuilding games. So i hope it doesn't want to stay the arcade game.

And for the people that say "that comes later": Why? I think first comes the fundament, then the walls, then the roof.
And the "Nice to have" walls like fire or digholeing can wait in my opinion (if it doesn't go to the arcade direction).
Masochist
level1
level1

Postby Masochist » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 am

Game modes are not the fundamentals...

The code associated game mechanics and behavior and the like is much more of a foundation than any game mode.

So yes tunneling, firemen, guards, etc is the foundation.
Ebi
level0

Postby Ebi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 am

But it's not possible to reasonable test the game modes, when you stuck with the steadily increasing number of prisoners!
For example I can't observe the tunneling feature because I'm busy with preparing new cells.

It's not the question to make different difficulty-levels for the players, but just to stop an unstop the delivery of new prisoners for some time.
Mokota is right, when he says, that it's essential.
Masochist
level1
level1

Postby Masochist » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 am

You can stop the prisoners now...so why new game modes when the base foundation of the game needs set in stone first?
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

I rather have some bug fixes
SockDog
level0

Postby SockDog » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 pm

For the sake of clarity, move the delivery area 3 blocks away from the road and prisoners will no longer be delivered.
Ebi
level0

Postby Ebi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Masochist wrote:You can stop the prisoners now...so why new game modes when the base foundation of the game needs set in stone first?

Would have been better, when you've set the link for this workaround in your posting here, instead of let me search for the Method to stop the delivery. Thanks to SockDog, who did it.

Additionally you misunderstood me heavily. I do NOT want any other game modes at the moment!!
I hope this is clear enough now.

I don't consider the in-game possibility for stopping the delivery as a different game mode.
And answering your question: I declared my reasons above in the 2. post.
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm

All of the Above
Eating without Tabasco® Sauce is like a computer without a OS.
Bedders
level1
level1

Postby Bedders » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 pm

tabasco boy wrote:All of the Above

This.
----------------------------------------------------------
Bedders
Villan
level0

Postby Villan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 am

I'm not sure if it's in yet but sentences for prisoners would be good, maybe with how well you treat them indicating whether or not they re-offend and end up back in your care.

Also a choice of execution methods would satisfy my *sadistic* needs, you could build up from guillotine to more "humane" methods maybe?

Return to “Community Members”