[Suggestions] After running a 90 population prison

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

zuff
level0

Postby zuff » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 am

Very well-put George.

As for OP I do like all of your suggestions.

I also agree with you about IV's focus for next patch. You have every right to say so, you've put money directly into their pockets on the hopes you could be a part of the development process. Whether it be bug testing, suggesting features, or criticizing any aspect you don't see fit.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 am

zuff wrote:you could be a part of the development process.

No-where has this been promised to anyone.
georgetownhoya
level0

Postby georgetownhoya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Do you enjoy making these pedantic posts? Just in case you're somehow honestly confused: He's not saying he has any executive authority over the game. He is offering an opinion and feedback, as is almost everyone else in this particular exclusive forum, and he is noting that is a right he paid for. (Developer forum access is a listed feature on the tin.)

I honestly have no idea why so many people on these boards automatically assume everyone else is a moron, and then proceed to pick turf fights with them. This thread was going much, much better before a bunch of IV fans stormed in and demanded everyone acknowledge who the real developers are.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 pm

georgetownhoya wrote:Do you enjoy making these pedantic posts?

Just...go away.

You're not helping the situation George. And to be honest, OP had a serious sense of entitlement that I haven't seen with other peoples suggestions that have been made. That's what caused the reaction here.
georgetownhoya
level0

Postby georgetownhoya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm

There is no "serious sense of entitlement" in the original post, at all. There was, later in the thread, some frustration about the developer's "strange" priorities.

That is called criticism. That is the point of this forum. Personally, I'm upset about the Alpha poll as well, though for different reasons (I just think it's mostly pointless.)

OP's suggestions are good. The sandbox badly needs a way to lose prisoners, not just gain them endlessly. The ideal dynamic would reward players for rehabilitating/executing/releasing/getting prisoners out in time enough to responsibly take on new prisoners. Without that dynamic or a similar one, the game is simply a never-ending barrage of inmates.
Last edited by georgetownhoya on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:02 pm

I never said it was in the opening post. It was in the post about the poll which then gave rise to the reactions.

Anyway, I'm done here, too many negative vibes.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 pm

georgetownhoya wrote:There is no "serious sense of entitlement" in the original post, at all. There was, later in the thread, some frustration about the developer's "strange" priorities.

That is called criticism. That is the point of this forum. Personally, I'm upset about the Alpha poll as well, though for different reasons (I just think it's mostly pointless.)

OP's suggestions are good.

If your going to get personal then how about you look up the meaning of pedantic first. I can be incredibly pedantic but that particular comment was not.
I'm not calling anyone a moron either, regardless of wether I believe this to be the case or not. I also do not understand how you can prattle on about a posters right to criticise and then moan about my criticisms because they do not line up with your own.
madkeen6
level0

Postby madkeen6 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 am

Great idea dude i really want some prisoners to leave..... without escaping ofcourse
G,Day MATE
bobmeier
level0

Postby bobmeier » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I agree with these suggestions, I especially like the concept of differentiating the cells by size and comfort in order to reward well behaving prisoners. And releasing prisoners after a while is a must, IMHO.
Cpt.Junior
level0

Postby Cpt.Junior » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Focusing purely on the suggestions...

I really like these ideas. The ticker feed is a particularly brilliant one.

The right-click one sounds pretty good, but I wonder how it'd work if say, an injured prisoner tried to escape while carrying contraband. Mainly we just need an easier way to locate, select and order staff. Being able to click to next-idle-guard, for example, or being able to click on a prisoner and tag them for capture, healthcare, movement to a new cell etc, like you can currently do for searching.

Return to “Community Members”